New Uniden SDS100 Handheld

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
On Universal website, under "Scanner Receivers", it's shows updated 1/18/2018. This update reflects the addition of this new radio. Yesterday there was no update. I check every day in case you were wondering.:)

Where did you find the link? Under Bearcat?

Airboss

Silent Key
Did a search of Universal's website nothing came up.

I talked with Fred this morning and they had not added it yet to their index. The only way to get there is the link. As he told me on the phone, what they have right now is what you see on this page https://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/scanners/6100.html and nothing more. We can only wait to see what will develop. And no it was not accidently leaked to the public.

Larry

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Question 1 How did you find this page?
Question 2 If this has NXDN and DMR capabilities then I am very interested?
Question 3 I bet if this is true Uniden is very mad about a leak?

Lol...betcha these questions never get answered. By the OP anyway... :roll:

On Universal website, under "Scanner Receivers", it's shows updated 1/18/2018. This update reflects the addition of this new radio. Yesterday there was no update. I check every day in case you were wondering.

If you look below the copyright notice on each page there is some barely readable text. If you drag your mouse over it and highlight it you'll see some information. The BCD436HP page seems to indicate a date of 1/18 on this line, which is probably the update.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
A rugged version of 436 home patrol with color screen, SYS DEPT CHAN soft keys & built in sdr receiver when hooked up to a computer. But do I want a $600+ Sdr radio when they can be had for $15?

Focus on the radio and reception and I'll use a USB Sdr radio as well separately

sonm10

Central MN Monitor
Premium Subscriber
Hey, i think we need to let them alone and their work that way we get a QUALITY product

This doesn't need to be like intel releasing junk x299 platform when AMD released their threadripper platform

This thread needs to die so we can let Upman work on it a release a QUALITY product

mharris

Hey, i think we need to let them alone and their work that way we get a QUALITY product

This doesn't need to be like intel releasing junk x299 platform when AMD released their threadripper platform

This thread needs to die so we can let Upman work on it a release a QUALITY product

Good reasoning for sure.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber

Someone gets it. R&D, competition, Corporate Management freak-outs after they find out about the leak....let them get it right without pressure.

close thread

Only the OP can request that the thread be closed. Click on the Exclamation Markand make the request.

Don't expect it to kill the (UNINFORMED) speculation, however.

Last edited:

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
The "photo" at The Btown Monitoring Post looks like it's a computer generated graphic rather than a photo of a physical product.

Some food for thought: this could have been an intentional leak by Uniden. Afterall, there has been a lot of "wailing and gnashing of teeth" here (probably elsewhere) over Uniden's apparent lack of progress on...well...anything. This was probably meant to calm some of that down.

It looks like an interesting product. I'm hoping that the "huge color LCD that is user customizable" also includes the ability to choose the colors. Along with, of course, integrated GPS.

SCPD

QRT
Considering that the 436hp is no longer being produced, the new model won't be far behind.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.