New Uniden SDS100 Handheld

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Correct, haven't bothered to verify it my self. Don't really care either way. Take it for what it is.

ur20v

The Feds say my name hot like when the oven on
Why do scanner LCDs keep getting bigger while speakers keep getting smaller? Seems kind of counterintuitive on a radio (especially one programmed [mostly] with a PC), but that's just me...

trp2525

Last edited:

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
I think it's all a bunch of aardvark hooey. Uniden is better at keeping secrets than the government. When they decided to release anything, it comes from them and not from people or websites that can't substantiate their claims.

ur20v

The Feds say my name hot like when the oven on
Personally, I find it a little odd that Uniden, who plays their cards so close to their chest, would provide a retailer with information about a supposedly upcoming model that hasn't even been submitted to the FCC for type acceptance yet... I mean, the model number doesn't even jive with Uniden's naming convention.

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
SDS100 probably = Software Defined Scanner but I am just speculating, I really hope it's real and that it has jumped the LSM hurdle.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
SDS100 probably = Software Defined Scanner but I am just speculating, I really hope it's real and that it has jumped the LSM hurdle.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Don't count on it.

Sent from my SDS100 using fingers

garys

Premium Subscriber
Somebody uploaded the page a bit prematurely.

Ooops.

I think it was early last year when some now former executive at Apples daughter got ahold of a picture of the new phone and posted it to Facebook.

I know that in April 2012 someone at the Smith & Wesson factory leaked a picture of the to be announced "Shield" 24 hours before the planned release. A couple of people ended up getting fired because of that.

Stuff like that happens.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
It could also be a deliberate leak to generate buzz, anticipation, and discussion. If so, the tactic was successful.

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
It could also be a deliberate leak to generate buzz, anticipation, and discussion. If so, the tactic was successful.

I wonder if this had anything to do with Whistler Wendy at CES hinting that we might having something to look forward to around May?

lou9155

Why do scanner LCDs keep getting bigger while speakers keep getting smaller? Seems kind of counterintuitive on a radio (especially one programmed [mostly] with a PC), but that's just me...

i second that...my 436 has nice display but the speaker is soooo small and under powered...the audio quality(not to be confused with digital issues) really sucks

W5RGP

Question 1 How did you find this page?
Question 2 If this has NXDN and DMR capabilities then I am very interested?
Question 3 I bet if this is true Uniden is very mad about a leak?

looks like they were pissed off about a leak since this link no longer is valid

Status
Not open for further replies.