New Uniden SDS200 Sentinel Sofware Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKINNY1

I know this has been discussed a hundred times on here but I want to make sure I have it right. I have a Uniden BCD536HP setup on the Uniden Sentinel software. I have a new Uniden SDS200 coming in the next day or two. I want to use the same profile for my new SDS200. Here is what I did. I used Tools/Target Model to switch the old profile from the BCD536HP to the Uniden SDS200, then I went to Tools/Options and reconstructed full Database. Before loading this into the new SDS200 I want to make sure this is correct and will work.

Thank you,

Rick

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
The 536 Sentenel program works for both x36HP’s and SDS100-200 models. It will ask you if you care to create a new profile for each model but that’s all you have to worry about. Regardless of if you create new profiles for different models or not, Sentenel will program for you.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I know this has been discussed a hundred times on here but I want to make sure I have it right. I have a Uniden BCD536HP setup on the Uniden Sentinel software. I have a new Uniden SDS200 coming in the next day or two. I want to use the same profile for my new SDS200. Here is what I did. I used Tools/Target Model to switch the old profile from the BCD536HP to the Uniden SDS200, then I went to Tools/Options and reconstructed full Database. Before loading this into the new SDS200 I want to make sure this is correct and will work.

Thank you,

Rick
As n1chu noted, you can use the same profile. However, I would suggest that you change your current profile, just slightly, and save it for the SDS200. The main change you need to make is to set the 'new' profile to a 'Target Model' for the SDS200. In Sentinel, the "target model' for the BCDx36HP series covers both the 436HP & 536HP. However, the SDS100 & SDS200 have separate target model settings.

The Target Model is set via a link on the Tools drop down menu. Remember that on the SDS100 & SDS200, you have settings that do not exist on thex36HP series scanners. To utilize Filter settings on either of the SDS series scanners, you must have the target model set correctly. Also, the SDS series scanners can utilize the Site NAC on trunked systems. Neither of those features exist on the 436HP or 536HP scanners. For your 'new' profile for the SDS200, you can use the same settings on which Favorites lists to download, and which to monitor by default.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
You may also consider changing the opening message (Edit Profile>Display Options) to the model. That way when you first boot up the scanner you won't wonder if something is wrong.

SKINNY1

Ok, finally received the new Uniden SDS200 and have it up and working great with ProScan over the home network. However, I can not get my Uniden BCD536HP to work (no audio through the wifi doggle). I have it all setup and everything appears to be working fine but there is no audio. Everything else works. I went step by step with the directions ProScan put out on a PDF file to no avail. I even shut down my Sophos anti-virus software. I've shut both the computer down and the scanner too. I disconnected the scanner and tried it with my iPhone using the Siren app and the audio works great. Any idea's? I do have the latest firmware for the doggle installed,

SKINNY1

I switched to a different computer on the same network and it works fine. I don't know what the issue was. So disregard! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.