New Unidens on MPSCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Just curious who may be using one of the new Unidens on MPSCS and what your impressions are? I'm really tempted to pick one up by I'm curious how the simulcast performance is (specifically the St Clair County area if possible). Some people are having great success with the new radios... Others... Not so much.

Thanks!!

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
I'm happy with the P25 C4FM and CQPSK performance on MPSCS. I notice a millisecond delay when listening to the x36 models when listening to other P25 decode capable scanners without the recording features. Voice is loud and clear.

I listen to the Saginaw simulcast system when visiting the in-laws. The CQPSK is decoded well, with the voice sounding clear.

kb8rvp

I have both the 436HP and the 536HP and both work very well on both simulcast and non-simulcast. I live in the Genesee County area. I have the 536HP in the car and it's the best scanner I have ever had for simulcast on the Genesee County system. The only thing Uniden could improve on is the digital AGC to balance the audio volume between users some are low and some are high. For me it sounds better with the AGC off.

Mike

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Those above posted about listening to Genesee-Saginaw which are both simulcast systems which as we know is a good test for audio quality.

atfd291

Premium Subscriber
MPSCS Feedback - Cont'd.

My 436 likes Monroe Simulcast as well as Lucas County. For what it's worth.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I picked up a 436 this week and should be in the Sarnia/Pt Huron area either this weekend or early next week. Really curious to see how it performs considering every other scanner in my fleet is essentially useless there.

firephotographer50

Premium Subscriber
I think you made a wise decision. I am within the city of Port Huron and my 436 outperforms my GRE500, 600, and 396xt on most occasions. I am very pleased with performance so far.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I'm in Sarnia today and so far it's working fairly well off the stock rubber ducky. It's not as good as my XTS2500 (nor did I expect it to be) but it definitely out performs my trusty Pro-106.

ps249

Nice posts. I am in Saginaw and bought a used HP1 a few months ago. I like it so much I am interested in getting a 436 HP. Im getting bit by the scanner bug once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.