New Unidentified Government P25 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

freqhopping

It has a control channel of 386.9375. I just barely receive this signal at the top of the mountain on Rt 7 at the Loudoun and Clarke county border. The signal is too weak for a system ID to be displayed. No hint of a signal elsewhere in Loudoun. Nothing in the database.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
freqhopping said:
It has a control channel of 386.9375. I just barely receive this signal at the top of the mountain on Rt 7 at the Loudoun and Clarke county border. The signal is too weak for a system ID to be displayed. No hint of a signal elsewhere in Loudoun. Nothing in the database.

cool...I wonder how many of these are out there? I just put it. Can't receive it in Berkeley County. I'll check it out tomorrow on the drive to/from work.

Last edited:

freqhopping

OK, now I am receiving it in central Loudon, but still no ID. My R10 receives a strong signal with the RS 800mhz antenna, slightly less with my RS magmount stuck to my air vent on the ceiling, and but less when with the external speaker wire extension.

My BCD396 just doesn't receive it as well and that's what will ID it. It sounds different than the control channels of the other 380mhz sites known to be 9600 baud. This one sounds different maybe because it's not fully operational yet? That would explain the lack of an ID.

Here's a sound clip The first 10 seconds is this freq, the last 10 seconds is the CC on 380.075 (008-0101).

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
I'm going to check it out tomorrow. I may drive around on my lunch break and see what I can find. If I can get a good signal and get an ID, I'll get the GPS coordinates and post them and the ID.

do you think all of these unidentified DoD (or whatever agency) are all linked or linkable? also, not trying to bring up any conspiracies but everything seems to be receivable on or around Mt Weather. did you notice the 2 new P25 freqs for Mt Weather posted the other week? I heard traffic on one...like the database said it was encrypted.

freqhopping

mike_s104 said:
do you think all of these unidentified DoD (or whatever agency) are all linked or linkable?

I'm positive that several of the systems are linked. TG 201 which I'm fairly sure is the Pentagon Force Protection Agency has come up on several systems which aren't directly related - 001-0101, 00D-0101, 005-0101 and 008-0101, plus the other sites of the 001 system. I have heard it active on the 001 and 00D systems simultaneously.

I've put together a spreadsheet to keep track of everything. One day on the 00D system I was listening to what seemed to be radio techs on TG 115 attempting to do radio checks on JNCR EOC (as they called it) talkgroups, they didn't have any luck with the radios. I've got a bunch of unidentified talkgroups I've logged on all these sites.

Woah! Just as I'm typing this I positvely IDed a TG on the 001 system I've been monitoring tonight. TG 126 is a simulcast of Fairfax County's TG 16848 Mt Vernon dispatch. What tipped me off was the dispatcher calling the unit "Scout-xx1A". Very interesting.

Also tonight on the 008-0101 I heard a fire department unit 'six-six' back in quarters on TG 100, which is the FD TG on the Ft Belvoir 001 system. '66' would be the airfield station. And as I add to this, I locked out TG 126 on the 001 system and it has popped up on the 008 system.

What's odd is that the Uniden TG logging program was logging all hits on the 001 system as being on the 008 system.:confused:

Last edited:

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
freqhopping said:
I'm positive that several of the systems are linked. TG 201 which I'm fairly sure is the Pentagon Force Protection Agency has come up on several systems which aren't directly related - 001-0101, 00D-0101, 005-0101 and 008-0101, plus the other sites of the 001 system. I have heard it active on the 001 and 00D systems simultaneously.

I've put together a spreadsheet to keep track of everything. One day on the 00D system I was listening to what seemed to be radio techs on TG 115 attempting to do radio checks on JNCR EOC (as they called it) talkgroups, they didn't have any luck with the radios. I've got a bunch of unidentified talkgroups I've logged on all these sites.

Woah! Just as I'm typing this I positvely IDed a TG on the 001 system I've been monitoring tonight. TG 126 is a simulcast of Fairfax County's TG 16848 Mt Vernon dispatch. What tipped me off was the dispatcher calling the unit "Scout-xx1A". Very interesting.

Also tonight on the 008-0101 I heard a fire department unit 'six-six' back in quarters on TG 100, which is the FD TG on the Ft Belvoir 001 system. '66' would be the airfield station. And as I add to this, I locked out TG 126 on the 001 system and it has popped up on the 008 system.

What's odd is that the Uniden TG logging program was logging all hits on the 001 system as being on the 008 system.:confused:

since I cannot monitor all at my desk at work and home, I have not listened as much as you have. but, when I have been listening, I have noticed a TG on multiple systems at the same time. I thought I was just me. :) the ARC396Pro is pretty good but it does from time to time show things with the wrong freq or TG.

tim_gladding

freqhopping said:

Perhaps that's coming from Mt. Weather? I live about half a mile from the front gate. I'll check it out :)

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
I didn't get a chance to go out yesterday at lunch. I'm not driving on the way home today so I'll have time to check it out some.

Yesterday I noticed on MULTIPLE systems the same TG (I think it was something like TG 672 (wrote it on my hand as I was driving and when I got home I did some yard work and forgot to copy it down) active and on JNCR 008 Pentagon Control (TG 201) was active. I wonder if they are the same? all were encrypted so it's hard to judge.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
one thought I had since mentioned was some Fairfax Co traffic on these systems was maybe they (DoD and whomever this is) is "playing" or testing patching other systems into their system(s). could this be part of a very large system that's being built for a nation wide system that would make it possible to talk to any/all/major county or city systems?

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
tim_gladding said:
Perhaps that's coming from Mt. Weather? I live about half a mile from the front gate. I'll check it out :)

what's interesting about Mt. Weather is a lot or all of these systems (unidentified and identified like NIH in Bethesda, MD) can be received there. there are other facilities like Raven Rock, that I would be interested in seeing if any of these are able to be received there.

freqhopping

Oh,definately. It's one hell of a system. I eventually was going to post one of several M/A Com press releases that I found last night and start a thread dedicated to keeping track of this huge system. No doubt some new sites and systems will be coming online soon.

freqhopping

Just found a new control channel. 386.0125 This one is inactive with no sysid like 386.9375 and I think it may be an alternate to 386.9375. I'm not receiving 386.9375 tonight and this new freq is received with the same strengh (not much). If I can receive it strongly at Rt659/Greenway then it is very likely the same system. Will have to check tomorrow.

Update 1/25: 386.0125 is indeed related to 386.9375 which is now inactive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.