New Union County Sheriff talkgroup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday and all day today I see 1554 pop up. They call the units "R2, R4, etc" as opposed to S2, S5, etc.

Anyone? It can't be the new County PD because they still are on their usual TG.

lt307

Premium Subscriber
Union PD

On Saturday Union hosted the Union County St. Patricks Day Parade. I believe most of the law enforcement agecies (County PD, County Sheriffs, Union PD) working the parade used the County frequencies that day. The calls signs of R1, R2, S1, etc are used by Union PD so their units working the parade just switched off the Union EDAC system to the Union County EDAC system.

unioner101

Those are the unit call signs of the Union Twp. Police. The Union County Police has the ablility to create a patch between any county talkgroup and most Union County police department frequencies (including that of several talkgroups on the Union Twp EDACS TRS). The patch was created on Saturday so the numerous law enforcement officers from UC Sherrifs Office, UC Police, and UC Prosecutors office all could communicate with the numerous officer brought in on overtime from Union Twp Police.

I actually knew the R[x] call signs were Union Twp but never would have expected them to patch through county EDACS! Thanks guys. I haven't heard them all day yesterday so I assume they are off it now.

BTW They sound much more clear on the County EDACS I should add. :)

Tac-1

Union County TRS TG 12-022 is being used by Mountainside PD for some reason maybe there system is out of service, units R2,E1,L1 being dispatched on routine calls in the town

apu

Its an experiment of opening up the county's system instead of having town's run their own individual systems. Shared services and all those buzzwords.

Tac-1

Sounds like a traffic jam at rush hour to me county TRS has 5 channels 4 voice how many tg can it handle they already have about 70 talkgroups just think if everone keys up at the same time 66 sorry your call cant be completed all circuits busy try back later messages

Last edited:
Union County TRS TG 12-022 is being used by Mountainside PD for some reason maybe there system is out of service, units R2,E1,L1 being dispatched on routine calls in the town

You're right, I can confirm it because they mentioned a property check of Deerfield Elementary School which is in Mountainside. Also, they frequently do calls on Route 22.

Someone should update the UC trunk wiki.

Status
Not open for further replies.