New unit call signs for Clackamas County

Status
Not open for further replies.

ORE007

Feed Provider
Just a heads up, in June or July Clackamas county unit numbering will change to a State-wide system. Clackamas will be the first one in the State to adapt this new system. Biggest reason for this change is due to the new 4-County cad system update where they can't have duplicate unit numbers.

nightfoam

Premium Subscriber
Just a heads up, in June or July Clackamas county unit numbering will change to a State-wide system. Clackamas will be the first one in the State to adapt this new system. Biggest reason for this change is due to the new 4-County cad system update where they can't have duplicate unit numbers.
This is for fire?

That would explain why the new Clackamas truck says 308 on it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ORE007

Feed Provider
attachment.php

Here is the State-wide template.

Attachments

• IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 628

Fielder3

Premium Subscriber
Those county codes are LEDS /DMV codes. Hmmm, Those have been around for 25+ years. County code i.e. "24- Marion County," I think they are administrative codes only up this point. Very odd that now they are being used for FIRE rig numbering.

I know that in Marion County, several fire departments changed from 3-digit rig numbering to 2. (Sublimity 500 to 50, Aumsville from 650 to 65, Stayton from 800 to 80.) Other fire agencies are resisting, such as Keizer, Aurora, Silverton.

ORE007

Feed Provider
Here are the Clackamas County fire department number ranges:

300 - 329 Clackamas County Fire District #1
330 - 335 Estacada Fire
336 - 339 Colton Fire
340 - 349 Lake Oswego Fire
350 - 355 Hoodland Fire
360 - 365 Canby Fire
370 - 375 Sandy Fire
380 - 386 Molalla Fire
390 - 395 Gladstone Fire

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
Here are the Clackamas County fire department number ranges:

300 - 329 Clackamas County Fire District #1
330 - 335 Estacada Fire
336 - 339 Colton Fire
340 - 349 Lake Oswego Fire
350 - 355 Hoodland Fire
360 - 365 Canby Fire
370 - 375 Sandy Fire
380 - 386 Molalla Fire
390 - 395 Gladstone Fire

Thank you! I had only heard Colton, Sandy, and Lake O use their "old" numbers, so I was a bit confused.

JB

Premium Subscriber
I wonder how TVFR will handle their unit #'s, since they apparatus in 4 different counties?

nightfoam

Premium Subscriber
I wonder how TVFR will handle their unit #'s, since they apparatus in 4 different counties?
Knowing TVFR, kicking and screaming

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber

Well, it does create a conflict with their volunteer units (e.g. E317 @ North Plains vs E317 @ Clackamas South End Station), although 372 Skyline will eventually just be Station 72, but it's unknown (at least in public document form) what - if any - plans they have.

It's funny, because one would have expected this from TVF&R well before Clackamas even though of it.

A representative from TVF&R appears to have been part of the proposed system. It should be noted that a uniform numbering system was deemed not feasible at this time, but they did publish a best-practice numbering system.

With the upcoming WCCCA CAD system upgrade/replacement this may be a good time to cut over, at least from WCCCA's perspective. However it should be noted that there is definitely material cost to the agencies that WCCCA serves in the form of re-marking apparatus that needs to be an integral part of a methodical transition. TVF&R apparatus appear to use magnetic labels which should be relatively easy to re-do, but HIllsboro F&R have their apparatus numbering painted on their apparatus.

See the proposal here: http://www.oregon.gov/osp/SFM/docs/Administration/GFSPC/SANSystemBestPractice_FINALwithCover.docx

JB

Premium Subscriber
Looks like Sandy Fire District is now on the new numbering plan for their apparatus.

Status
Not open for further replies.