New UniTrunker release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jay911 said:
There are no scroll bars on any of the windows (horizontal or vertical) under XP SP3 - is that intentional?

From the user guide:

The grid appears in a table format with column headings across the top. You can navigate among grid rows and grid cells by use of a mouse click or arrow keys (the scroll bar isn't working yet).

K4OC

Premium Subscriber
Chris-N5CWM said:
Screengrab..trying to get darker colors for night viewing in a dark hamshack.

Awesome job Chris. Thanks for helping me over the repeater to show me how to get to the display options screen. FYI for anyone else....Main Unitrunker Window is where the display options is located.

I like Tahoma 12pt font myself. Changing the colors made ALL THE DIFFERENCE in the world. No doubt I like this version better than the older version now that I am learning how to customize it.

Sam Cederas
K4OC
Raleigh, N.C.

SCPD

QRT
Forts said:
"The procedure entry point TzSpecificLocalTimeToSystemTime could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll".
Oops. According to Microsoft, this is only available on XP and later. I'll have to code around it.

TheManBornWithin said:
I was so excited to try the new version, but its not working for me. I'm running Vista, and when I try to add a receiver, I can open up the receiver window (title says Receiver 0 Unknown). If I click on anything in the Info tab, it crashes.
I have no clue. Is this Vista 32 or Vista 64? What message is displayed when it crashes? To other Vista users - please speak up!

Srobo said:
Same thing happening here. Crashes every time I try to change the receiver.
Are you using Vista? What message appears? Details please. :)

Airdorn said:
What's the difference between "signal" and "control" and "both" under types?
At this point - you likely want "Signal" to configure a radio providing discriminator audio.

nd5y said:
How do I get it to remember or save an EDACS narrow system?
Where it says "Frequency needed!", type in the control channel frequency.

nd5y said:
every time I run it, it creates a new system with an empty folder and another .xml file.
The numbered XML files are previous revisions of your data. If something bad happens, you can revert to a previous revision. See the Archives tab from the main program window.

nd5y said:
Also is there a way to make it remember to start with the receiver running?
No - something for a future release.

Lakotawolf said:
i dont see where it save on my computer anywhere. any suggestions?
From the main program window, select the "Options" tab. Scroll down to the section that reads "Unitrunker". There are two fields - "URL" and "Path". Select "Path" and click on the arrow at the far right. You will see the working folder location - as currently configured. You can change this to any drive / folder you like (don't do so while any receivers
are running).

Jay911 said:
There are no scroll bars on any of the windows (horizontal or vertical) under XP SP3 - is that intentional?
Just one of a million things yet to be done.

Jay911 said:
On the Changes page, when accepting or rejecting data brought in from a RR download, the two checkmarks visually do the same thing -
only clearing a given line if it's selected. In regards to the program, the changes are only applied if the first one ('Accept change') is chosen.
If the second one ('Accept all changes') is chosen, the changes are not saved to the system/database.
Sounds like something is broke for the second check mark (and I appologize for the horrible / ambiguous toolbar graphics on this form).

Jay911 said:
Ctrl+click works to select multiple entries. Shift+click (to select a range of entries) does not.
Hold the ctrl key while advancing the selection with the arrow keys to get the "range" effect.

Jay911 said:
Mouse scroll wheels appear to not be supported.
Correct (and duly noted).

Jay911 said:
Channels aren't being downloaded from the RRDB. I seem to recall that maybe this might be on purpose, though?
Yes - frequencies are downloaded for EDACS.
Bandplans are downloaded for Motorola and P25.

Jay911 said:
RRDB SID is not being shown on the system info page when a download happens. Should it be?
Yes it should. Sounds like a minor bug.

Jay911 said:
For what it's worth, if some tool decides to name some EDACS systems with text names like "ECOMM WARS EDACS901.SYS" so that he can store multiple EDACS systems in his Unitrunker folder, using the import feature in the new program (pointed at that directory) crashes it. Hard, to the desktop.
Cool. New test case. Thanks Jay!

BTW - EDACS users don't need to play file / folder games like this any longer. EDACS site numbers are no longer treated as system IDs. The downside is you must provide the control channel frequency to disambiguate two EDACS systems that happen to have the same site number.

mtindor said:
Is the lack of LTR logging on the PSR-500/600 only on this new release or is it not available on the previous release
(I haven't tried it)? If so, can you refresh my memory as to what the problem is with LTR monitoring on a PSR-500/600?
The problem is time. As you can see, I've been busy. :)

kevin said:
CRASHES: When deselecting "calls" checkbox in history tab (all others work fine)
Reproduced this. Yuck.

Kevin said:
ALSO: Systems-->Select System-->Click on "Groups" tab
I'm not seeing this. Anyone else? Kevin - what type of system is this?

MattSR

Nice one Riccardo...

I even got it running on my Mac (under Fusion)

Picture1.png

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Couple more issues, Rick, and of course some of it might be ineptitude on my part..

I imported all my stuff from the older betas (the .SYS, .SIT, .GID, etc., files) and used the Save function in the archive panel. Total archive size was over 3mb.

Exiting and reloading, somehow, I only have two of my 50+ systems listed in "Systems". The XML files are still in the "Universal Trunker" folder, but the archive is only ~4500 bytes. Can't seem to bring the individual XML files back to the DB/archive. I thought maybe it would auto-load the XML when/if the signal was received for a given system, but that proved not to be the case as it created new entries in the archive for the system.

Furthermore, I just exited the version that was running and had gathered info from about an hour of operation, and it ended up not saving any groups or userids.

Is there a way to quick-save everything - is that what the save icon in the archive page is for?

Oh, by the way - seeing the post above about the Mac - I tried it on my Ubuntu machine under wine, and a hint of a window popped up, but disappeared before anything could be read/drawn/seen.

texwon

crash

I have the same problem in Vista, the program crashes as soon as you click on the receiver box or any other box except the model. The only error mesage that i get is Uniform has stopped working and windows is searching for a solution.
I do havethe stuff that Vista wants to send to microsoft.

Product
Uniform

Problem
Stopped working

Date
5/26/2008 6:44 PM

Status
Not Reported

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Uniform.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 483b28eb
Fault Module Name: Uniform.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 483b28eb
Exception Code: 80000003
Exception Offset: 00059ea6
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 899b
Additional Information 2: fa4982d7737cf9a8ff14e76ef64295e9
Additional Information 3: 5f86
Additional Information 4: 359754a8b7bc901b2f052bea2f5332a2

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Rick, it looks great, but I can't get past setting up the receiver on a Dell XPS 410 running Windows XP. I've tried both Line-In and Microphone inputs, selected Signal, changed the Run field to Running, tried both sound card inputs (Sigmatel Audio and Windows Sound Mapper - but I'm positive it's Sigmatel), and tried different sample rates in each case, with no luck and a flat line on the scope. All while the older version of Unitrunker continues running perfectly.

Great job though man, I look forward to using it. :)

SCPD

QRT
running fine on my Dell laptop, here are my settings:

Type = Signal
Audio Port = SigmaTel
Sample Rate = 96000
Sample Size = 16
Channel = Mono

Make any difference?

Mattsenft

Premium Subscriber
I just figured out my problem and it may be a help to others. My settings were the exact same as the older version and running side by side the new program would not work. I found that when I extracted the zipped file all the folders and files were set to "read only" I removed the settings in the properties menu and now everything works.

kd5dga

Premium Subscriber
I installed the new release under C:/unitrunker. I have had it up and running since last night and seams to run flawlessly, and I am running it side by side with TRUNKPCR showing a decode rate of 100 percent with both programs. Watching control channel data both programs run side by side perfectly.
The user interface is excellent but will take a little time to learn. I am still used to the older versions.
Rick, I give big kudo's on your work. I love the new look.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
THANK YOU for pointing out the read only problem. I unchecked it for each directory and that fixed the problem!

Srobo

texwon said:
I have the same problem in Vista, the program crashes as soon as you click on the receiver box or any other box except the model. The only error mesage that i get is Uniform has stopped working and windows is searching for a solution.
I do havethe stuff that Vista wants to send to microsoft.

Product
Uniform

Problem
Stopped working

Date
5/26/2008 6:44 PM

Status
Not Reported

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Uniform.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 483b28eb
Fault Module Name: Uniform.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 483b28eb
Exception Code: 80000003
Exception Offset: 00059ea6
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 899b
Additional Information 2: fa4982d7737cf9a8ff14e76ef64295e9
Additional Information 3: 5f86
Additional Information 4: 359754a8b7bc901b2f052bea2f5332a2

This is what my Vista is doing. The Unitrunker windows turn white and the window saying Unitrunker has stopped working appears.

GEMOTO

I tried changing the font color but it will not let me. I want to set the background to black and the font to white. I changed the actual font but it wont change the color, as soo as i click on white then close it it goes back to black.

mancow

Database Admin
I tried this but it keeps returning itself to read only.

inigo88 said:
THANK YOU for pointing out the read only problem. I unchecked it for each directory and that fixed the problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.