New UniTrunker release

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevins669

Database Admin
A few first questions:

- Where are the data files stored / importing of, say, csv / trunker / pro96com data

- What are the xml.1, xml.2, xml.3 files created every time app is shut down

- What are the new S00000000x directories for, created every time the receiver is "started"

Thanks!

-- Kevin

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Argh! So excited, but it won't run! I'm running Win2k SP4... downloaded the new package and extracted to a new folder. Double click Uniform.exe and I get "The procedure entry point TzSpecificLocalTimeToSystemTime could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll".

Suggestions anyone?

I was so excited to try the new version, but its not working for me. I'm running Vista, and when I try to add a receiver, I can open up the receiver window (title says Receiver 0 Unknown). If I click on anything in the Info tab, it crashes. I've tried all compatibility modes with the same results. Anyone with the same problem?

Airdorn

I can't get it to work. It never sees my control channel. Its hard to tell if its configured at all. What's the difference between "signal" and "control" and "both" under types?

The old Unitrunker and Uniscope still work great. Does this new program just simply not "come to life" when its run and there's a CC on the discriminator output? The scope window doesn't do anything either.

nd5y

How do I get it to remember or save an EDACS narrow system?
I have been sitting on the same control channel and every time I run it, it creates a new system with an empty folder and another .xml file.
Also is there a way to make it remember to start with the receiver running?

Last edited:

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
VERY VERY KEWL!!!!!!

Thanks for your support of this wonderful program.

GRE users: I have only had luck using the "TUNE" function --- i can't get data from the scanner any other way.

also - when i first ran the program, the data bits were set to 7 (changed to 8) and there was no baud rate selected (picked 115200)

after that --- whammo --- worked like a champ.

FYI - i also disabled my onboard serial port... forcing the USB cable to COM 1 in device manager.

doug

Airdorn

Woop! Got it working.. not sure how, but it just magically started decoding. ;)

Looks great. *Jaw dropped to the floor*

tactcom42

Premium Subscriber
Working great here.once I setup the receiver and restarted unitrunker.it took off .and its easy to label the groups and ids.and you can set colors for both.cant get better then this.great work.

thanks for the program

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Had it up and running in about 2-3 minutes without reading any instructions. Of course I only use them as a LAST resort. :D

Nice work as always. It will be interesting and enjoyable to watch as this develops. Right out of the box it's working fine for me. Thanks.

Lakotawolf

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I got it up and running. Does this program tell what units are speaking? like if E27 is talking will it show that?

tactcom42

Premium Subscriber
Lakotawolf said:
I got it up and running. Does this program tell what units are speaking? like if E27 is talking will it show that?

go to the site screen then Look under the call tab and it will show who is talking.

Lakotawolf

Banned
i just see the talk group. i thought there was a way or program that showed the unit and number of the radio talking.

tactcom42

Premium Subscriber
Lakotawolf said:
i just see the talk group. i thought there was a way or program that showed the unit and number of the radio talking.

if you have your receiver setup .go to receivers and click on the receiver you setup.then go down to run and change it from stopped to running.the site window will pop-up and then you can go to the calls tab.and you will see group ids and radio ids as they talk

Last edited:

Lakotawolf

Banned
All i am getting is the talk group number under target. Then under T i`ll get G. Then under source i`ll get a 4 to 5 digit number. I thought i saw a program that would actually show E27 or R23 ect.

tactcom42

Premium Subscriber
Lakotawolf said:
All i am getting is the talk group number under target. Then under T i`ll get G. Then under source i`ll get a 4 to 5 digit number. I thought i saw a program that would actually show E27 or R23 ect.

When that number comes up under source .click on that number and label it whatever you want.officer number patrol car.do the same for target label that number for your talk group.you have to label it and press enter to save.the it will show up when they talk.

Srobo

TheManBornWithin said:
I was so excited to try the new version, but its not working for me. I'm running Vista, and when I try to add a receiver, I can open up the receiver window (title says Receiver 0 Unknown). If I click on anything in the Info tab, it crashes. I've tried all compatibility modes with the same results. Anyone with the same problem?

Same thing happening here. Crashes every time I try to change the receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.