New UniTrunker release

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Thanks - everything I saw before fixed. Vista great.

Caught a patch on my local EDACS UHF system (SID 2849) -- in the old version it came across as a patch, in this one it just kept saying it was a call and listed all three groups repeatedly. It never showed that a patch occurred.

In the log - I turned off all the checkboxes except PATCHES. It showed two adds (still) for the same radio ID, with the two talkgroups that had been patched. So I'm guessing someone turned radio on during that patch, but software didn't quite decode it as a patch.

bonus1331

Archiving?

I have been archiving a session everytime I use the program.
Is this necessary, or does UT save new information everytime you close the program?

rdale

Premium Subscriber
It saves new info. Delete the old ones on the archive tab if you don't want.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
No go under Ubuntu Linux - stops at the same point again. Will try it under WinXP tomorrow when I head into the city (hopefully my portable will sort out its sound issues).

Cappyton

For a astro vhf system should anything be in the band plan tab?

Also when im monitoring a system and i click the box to LOG. It crashes

Last edited:

Viper43

It's not doing anything with my 600... absolutely nothing on any kind of trunked system...... oh well.....

V

rdale

Premium Subscriber
Did you set comm port / baud rate / and enable the scanner?

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Rick -

I managed to crash the new program on XP when trying to download this system.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that UT can't download/use it, but I imagine you'd want it to error out instead. :)

bneilson

Premium Subscriber
Working great on this end!

Selecting and Un-selecting Affs / Calls / Pages / Patches / Scroll works great where previously it would crash.

Thanks for the update!

P.S.
Are we calling this "Alpha 2"?

Last edited:

Viper43

Did you set comm port / baud rate / and enable the scanner?

Well thats the issue, Unitrunker won't work on the ports I need it too. I'm not moving things around to accomodate Unitrunker, I need it to work at least through com port 30, my 600 is set to 27 and I have all the ports between 1 and 28 in use, heck, there are 16 scanners hooked up and running on different software, so until Unitrunker goes above com 4 I am out of luck....

V

SCPD

QRT
rdale said:
Caught a patch on my local EDACS UHF system (SID 2849) -- in the old version it came across as a patch, in this one it just kept saying it was a call and listed all three groups repeatedly. It never showed that a patch occurred.
This sounds like an EDACS multi-select.
rdale said:
In the log - I turned off all the checkboxes except PATCHES. It showed two adds (still) for the same radio ID, with the two talkgroups that had been patched.
Just to be clear - when you see "Adds" or "Drops" in the site history - that describes a patch. The ID on the left is the "supergroup" (in EDACS terms: the SAID or system assigned ID). The ID on the right is the subordinate group or group being aliased to the SAID. Neither ID is a radio ID.
morfis said:
Still unable to edit MPT127 band plan.
I'll check this out.
bonus1331 said:
Archiving? Is this necessary, or does UT save new information everytime you close the program?
As rdale says, no this is not necessary. However, if you have made a large number of changes and don't want to risk losing your work - you can click the save button to preserve your edits.
Cappyton said:
Also when im monitoring a system and i click the box to LOG. It crashes
Thank you. I'll check this out.
Cappyton said:
For a astro vhf system should anything be in the band plan tab?
Only if you have provided one - or downloaded a system that includes a plan from the RR DB.
mikea7531 said:
Will this version of UniTrunker do voice following?
Try it out. You might be lucky. I suspect it will work for some scanner models and not others.
Jay911 said:
I managed to crash the new program on XP when trying to download this system.
Thanks Jay. I'll check it out.
bneilson said:
Are we calling this "Alpha 2"?
Sure.
nd5y said:
It still won't decode my local VHF P25 trunked system.
I can get to that next month (which isn't too far away).
Viper43 said:
until Unitrunker goes above com 4 I am out of luck....
What ports does the program currently display as available for selection?
Comint said:
Unzipped the file. Clicked on Uniform.exe. File doesn't even open on Win98 system.
Can you provide more details?

Viper43

Unitrunker,
It only shows Com 1, 3 and 4, yet I have all of them in use up to 28.... yeah, yeah, a bit crowded, what can I say :)

V

Status
Not open for further replies.