NEW UPDATE - 3/1 TRX-1 and TRX-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
Hi all -
Update available! 3-2-1 GO!

HAPPY SCANNING!

**************************************************************************************

TRX-1 and TRX-2 PC App

Version 3.3 - March 1, 2017
•Corrected an issue with creating a new system during the import from the library process where encrypted channels were not being imported when the option to do so was enabled. This required changing how the app handled these settings internally which means that anytime the import options are changed and the OK button is selected on that screen, the selected options will be saved and used until changed.

•Updated all supported bandplans.

•Changed how the app handles entry of frequencies. Previously the app would verify a frequency to make sure it fit the scanner's bandplan and step size within that range. The app now will verify that the frequency is in the scanner's frequency range and then round off the entered frequency to the nearest frequency that matches the bandplan if necessary.

•Added the ability to sort the system listing on the Trunked Systems tab. This feature will sort the list by clicking on the column header. This action only changes the order that systems are displayed, it will not actually change the order of systems on disk.

•Updated informational message when checking for all updates.
•Corrected tab order and tab stops in the library import areas.
•Moved the Import and Clear buttons to the middle of the screens in the library import area.

TRX-1 and TRX-2 CPU

Version 5.2 - March 1, 2017
•IMPORTANT: You must update to the latest version of the TRX-1 PC software before installing this firmware update

•Add 'tune mode' via Fn+0

•Added 'search for objects' via Fn+9

•Fix garbage characters when key locked/unlocked message clears

•Changes to CAN and UK bandplans

•Distinct tones when enabling/disabling scan lists in menus

•Bug fix in 'update from library' when CONV objects have been deleted

•Fixed problem with audio after entering Playback mode via Fn+6

•Fixed problem with talkgroup and radio IDs in NXDN playback

•Zeromatic enhancements

•Code size reductions

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
"Updated all supported bandplans."

It sure would be nice to have a copy of the bandplans so customers understand what values will be accepted by the scanner.

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
"Updated all supported bandplans."

It sure would be nice to have a copy of the bandplans so customers understand what values will be accepted by the scanner.

To my knowledge the only change was in the updating a few step sizes to be compliant with DMR and NXDN radios.

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
I imagine it was to accommodate the few instances when multiple NXDN frequencies exist within the "conventional" spacing. At any rate, this would be nice technical information to have. As well as how flex step affects the bandplans. This is a cause of considerable frustration for many scanner owners. Note that neither the scanner nor EZ Scan offer a notice or feedback when the frequency is illegal, it just fails to add it or rounds it, leaving the customer to hopefully contact someone like me to help them through.

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
By the way, I must apologize. I initially thought it was ridiculous that there was a change that forced one to fill out a form to download the software from the Whistler website. However, I think it is great that you are sending automated email notices when the software is updated. This is awesome, and it allows customers to stay at the leading edge of what their scanner can do. I appreciate the continued effort to update/correct the scanners and EZ Scan.

mrkelso

TRX-2 CPU Firmware Installer has just been updated. You can download the updated version here.

The seller has added the following message for this update: The TRX-2 CPU Firmware installer has been updated to version 4.3

I got this message in my email like 10 times all addressed to the same email account ??? I think once would have been ok no? :)

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
By the way, I must apologize. I initially thought it was ridiculous that there was a change that forced one to fill out a form to download the software from the Whistler website. However, I think it is great that you are sending automated email notices when the software is updated. This is awesome, and it allows customers to stay at the leading edge of what their scanner can do. I appreciate the continued effort to update/correct the scanners and EZ Scan.

Hi AggieCon -
I am glad you like this feature. When I first implemented it I was afraid that it may cause some frustration but in the end, I think it is a nice feature to know when a new update is available.

Thanks!
WW

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
Yea I get multiple copies too. I think they have a lot of duplicated data because if you go to their website a lot and put in different info, it creates a new separate entry for you. A lot better than staying in the dark if you don't use this website, though.

SOFA_KING

Wendy,

Will the P25 NAC now show in a sortable column under the Audio Index List?

It only used to show up top under Access Control if you highlighted a single recording, or it was playing recordings one by one.

It would be great if we could see NAC alongside all the other information.

Thanks,

Phil

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
TRX-2 CPU Firmware Installer has just been updated. You can download the updated version here.

The seller has added the following message for this update: The TRX-2 CPU Firmware installer has been updated to version 4.3

I got this message in my email like 10 times all addressed to the same email account ??? I think once would have been ok no? :)

Hey Mrkelso -

Have you created an account on the website and login each time you go to do another download or are you going through the process of adding all of your information each time? If you are not logging in the system thinks you are a different person each time and it is sending you the notice of the update. More than likely the number of times it sent it to you matches the number of times you have previously downloaded.

Thanks,
WW

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
Yea I get multiple copies too. I think they have a lot of duplicated data because if you go to their website a lot and put in different info, it creates a new separate entry for you. A lot better than staying in the dark if you don't use this website, though.

Be sure to create an account and it won't do this next time :) If I get some extra time I will try to scrub the duplicates for you guys.

SCPD

QRT
when

When they going to make the alphatags work like a cellphone keypad?
When entering alphatags its difficult the way it is.
They should make it like this
tap the number 2
1st result A
2nd result B
3rd result C
4th result 2
this way its quick and simple to enter Alphatags in that mode (programming the alphatags)

firemast

update failed to take on scanner after updating ez scan now scanners stuck in update mode and ez scan won't recognize it to give it another attempt HELP

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
update failed to take on scanner after updating ez scan now scanners stuck in update mode and ez scan won't recognize it to give it another attempt HELP

You should call customer support first.

What scanner? What operating system?

Have you tried the standalone firmware updater?

Status
Not open for further replies.