NEW UPDATE - 3/1 TRX-1 and TRX-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I ran all of your steps and the same message keeps coming back. I can't get the message to clear from the screen so I can manually upgrade the firmware

No MAIN Appl code! Waiting for USB...
I had the same problem and found my Norton interfered with the update causing it to fail first time putting in the same loop
I did find I had to run the test process on the port I knew it was connected to a few times before it recognized the scanner and it started the download

Last edited:

strcpy

It updated fine for my TRX-1... first I plugged in the radio to the computer, then I turned off the antivirus temporarily, and only THEN did I start up EZ Scan. It updated flawlessly.

Yes, ezscan uses UPX + libz + encryption (generated post compile) + temp files + sighandler for SIGTRAP + isDebuggerPresent(). This is a little freaky.

Then

The loader algorithm can be found on most level 2-3 "crackme's" (crackme's are just binaries that are meant to teach reverse engineering). So these operations throw up red flags, and your antivirus may block further execution.

Tsk tsk, Whistler.

Edit: Even though you can find the anti-disassembler functionality in crackme's, it's also been used in heaps of real malware.

Last edited:

allend

Premium Subscriber
Not sure if anybody has seen this message.

It says

Main Appl code update in progress and its been saying that for 30 minutes now. Not sure if anything is happening or not.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Not sure if anybody has seen this message.

It says

Main Appl code update in progress and its been saying that for 30 minutes now. Not sure if anything is happening or not.

Don already answered you up in post 33...

allend

Premium Subscriber
Don already answered you up in post 33...

Post #33 does not work. It would work if there was not an USB issue with the radio. The radio got hosed right after the firmware upgrade.

Tried everything possible

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
What OS are you using these scanners have reloadable firmware sometimes it takes up to 60 seconds for the scanner to be seen by the computer. You were ask if you had access to a second computer also the loads to the scanner seem to hang but be patient they will continue to load

allend

Premium Subscriber
So here was the fix. So post #33 did work but I had to find an old XP laptop and install the TRX-2 CPU updater. Also, I had to go to Whistlers website and download the XP laptop drivers and install so the USB drivers could communicate with the radio and the XP laptop.

Then I had to goto the device manager and find the Whistler comm port and found the port it was using.

Then ran the CPU update Utility and it worked. Strange. I had to use an XP computer with no EZ SCAN software installed. But I think it would of worked with computer that I always use. Figured out it was comm port 19 that it was using. So go figure

Make sure you figure out the exact comm port your scanner is using and it will work.

Thanks for all of the posts

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
So here was the fix. So post #33 did work but I had to find an old XP laptop and install the TRX-2 CPU updater. Also, I had to go to Whistlers website and download the XP laptop drivers and install so the USB drivers could communicate with the radio and the XP laptop.

Then I had to goto the device manager and find the Whistler comm port and found the port it was using.

Then ran the CPU update Utility and it worked. Strange. I had to use an XP computer with no EZ SCAN software installed. But I think it would of worked with computer that I always use. Figured out it was comm port 19 that it was using. So go figure

Make sure you figure out the exact comm port your scanner is using and it will work.

Yeah, it was sounding like you were just getting in a hurry and blaming the scanner and Whistler when that wasn't the case. Why do I say that? I react the same way sometimes when things don't work as expected the first time around and I get frustrated. :D No, really...nothing personal, I could just tell based on previous personal experience. Especially since others were having no issues.

A deep breath and patience would have had it working just fine on the first computer - there is a thread about Whistler scanners and Windows 10 that has good info for Win10 or Win8. You might check it out.

As you probably know, the COM Port will change depending on which USB port the cable is connected to and sometimes even between restarts but usually just when the cable is moved. Checking device manager will show you which COM Port it is using.

MichaelBhere

I am loving these new features enhancements!

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
Very much appreciate the ability to alpha sort trunked systems in the system list. Having them in order by when entered instead of alpha was weird and hard to find a system when you have 20+. Thanks!!!
Wally

MichaelBhere

WOW, I just stumbled across something I did not see in the release notes.

When in Limit search, i found check boxes for <P25,X2,DMR,NXDN>

Looks like we can now filter the limit search!

Status
Not open for further replies.