NEW UPDATE available - 7/11/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone -
Engineering was able to post the update a little earlier than expected. Happy Monday!

Please install the update through the PC app like previous updates.

Release notes are with the download.

Thanks!
WhistlerWendy

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Well thanks for the update. It's a work in progress for me as during off hours my traffic on conventional systems diminishes. Of course my "test system" is using Slot 1 exclusively right now. This is confirmed with the side-by-side DSD test. I have not even checked trunking yet.

Is there a published change list for these new firmware releases? It would be nice to see what was fixed. The update method is smooth but I don't see a way to find out what was changed.

Well as I type this our local DMR-MARC repeater keyed up on TG9 which is local and on slot 2. Now of course I have no idea if there was simultaneous activity on slot 1 as I didn't have DSD tuned to it.

Thanks. I'll look forward to further testing; looks like tomorrow will be the telling tale for me. I'm being summonsed upstairs to watch "The Last Ship" so I'll be away from the testing grounds for a while. :D

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
Could we please get a list of what was updated? I did not see any release notes as when doing the update, it does so through the PC app and not manually.

I have however loaded the update and can now pickup a local DMR one frequency system a lot better with the stock antenna on the TRX-2.

Thanks.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I was just here to post the same... I didn't see any sign of release notes..

.....and I don't see anything in the Whistler downloads area either.

kikito

Premium Subscriber
Is there a published change list for these new firmware releases? It would be nice to see what was fixed. The update method is smooth but I don't see a way to find out what was changed.

The only place I know right now is right beside the update button for each item on the software. There's changes for the CPU, DSP and EZ Scan.

Would be nice if Wendy/Whistler would publish it on their website and for now here also in the forums. For when we don't have access right away to the software.

DonS

The changes can be viewed within the PC app. Do the "check for updates" for PC app, DSP, and CPU and you'll see a "View Release Notes" button. Click it, and a web browser will open showing the changes.

Here's a copy/paste of the changes displayed by the WS1080/88 PC app (all other models are the same):

PC App:
Version 2.11 - July 11, 2016
•Revised the method used to update scanlists which resulted in a very noticeable speed difference in the process.
•Added ability to add a DMR conventional channel using the new channel wizard on the Scanlist tab. To do so, select the Conventional DMR type when adding the channel. DMR options will then be presented.
•Conventional objects may now be switched between all modes including DMR. When the mode column is selected, a drop-down will appear to allow the selection of the desired channel mode.

Please note the following: ◦When switching between FM and NFM, the squelch information will be preserved.
◦When switching to or from any other mode, the squelch information will be changed to search mode and the digital mode will be set based on the channel mode.
◦To cancel the mode change once the pull-down appears, press the Esc key.
◦If multiple conventional objects are selected, all objects will be changed to the new mode. Squelch and digital mode changes will be done on an object by object basis.

•Conventional DMR import will now accept an Asterisk (*) or the word "Any" (Without quotes, not case sensitive) as a color code wildcard value in addition to an empty value. An invalid color code value will also import with a wildcard (any) color code.
•Conventional objects in the scanlist tab will now show either "Analog" or "DMR" in the system column depending on the conventional object type.
•Changed the method used to determine the system type on the audio recording screen. This allows the application to show the talkgroup ID in the correct format based on the system type.

Note: Recordings made before CPU Firmware version 3.6 and coming from an EDACS, Motorola type I or type IIi, or LTR systems may not display properly in this software version depending on the currently loaded configuration.
•Fixed an issue where the object lists in the conventional and trunked import from clipboard or text would autoscroll when the mouse was moved out of the list area.
•Fixed tab order and selection issues when using tab on conventional object add screens
•Fixed tab order and selection issues when using tab on the new channel wizard screens in the scanlist tab.
•Fixed an issue with the conventional import from the clipboard or CSV file where DMR frequencies being imported were being given a color code 0 (Zero) value when the import did not include a color code field. Imported items will now have a wildcard (any) value.
•Fixed a display bug in the scanlist listing for LTR and EDACS systems.
•Fixed a crash when attempting to load the listing of audio files stored on the computer when the default audio folder does not exist.​
CPU Firmware:
Version 3.6 - July 11, 2016
•Search/Sweeper: Fixed recording info error
•DMR: Fixed problem with slot 2 in CONV objects
•Search/Sweeper: extend allowed "store" time into delay
•Added trunking system type to recording header
•Search/stalker modes "record stop" revisions
•Fixed problem with search record "always on"
•Fixed Sweeper bug​
DSP Firmware:
Version 2.3 - June 21, 2016
•Change how DMR PDUs are sent to CPU​

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
The changes can be viewed within the PC app. Do the "check for updates" for PC app, DSP, and CPU and you'll see a "View Release Notes" button. Click it, and a web browser will open showing the changes.

Thanks for this, and for the list. I obviously completely overlooked it. Also thanks for the information regarding trunked vs. conventional programming for conventional DMR that you provided in the other thread. Nice to see there is a practical use for both. With the exception of the DMR-MARC repeater in my area, it seems to me that the conventional DMR in my area has one talkgroup per slot in use; having not spent really any time observing conventional DMR in other areas I guess this is "normal'? If so the conventional approach seems to be the obvious way to do it.

Thanks to all involved for your efforts. Looking forward to hitting this scanner with some heavy traffic tomorrow. Again, audio sounds superb.

scotttish

Newbie TRX question

When I get my TRX-1 next week and update and enter my police/fire by zip, will it automatically scan/RX DMR channels in my area, or do I need to do some additional programming to get it? Thanks for your help!

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
Correct me if I am wrong but the new CPU firm wear version should be 2.6 not 3.6 ?

Whistler WS1095 EZ Scan Digital
Base/Mobile Trunking Scanner
CPU Firmware Update Release Notes
Version 2.6 - July 11, 2016
Search/Sweeper: Fixed recording info error
DMR: Fixed problem with slot 2 in CONV objects
Search/Sweeper: extend allowed "store" time into delay
Added trunking system type to recording header
Search/stalker modes "record stop" revisions
Fixed problem with search record "always on"
Fixed Sweeper bug

QUOTE=DonS;2607448]The changes can be viewed within the PC app. Do the "check for updates" for PC app, DSP, and CPU and you'll see a "View Release Notes" button. Click it, and a web browser will open showing the changes.

Here's a copy/paste of the changes displayed by the WS1080/88 PC app (all other models are the same):

PC App:
Version 2.11 - July 11, 2016
•Revised the method used to update scanlists which resulted in a very noticeable speed difference in the process.
•Added ability to add a DMR conventional channel using the new channel wizard on the Scanlist tab. To do so, select the Conventional DMR type when adding the channel. DMR options will then be presented.
•Conventional objects may now be switched between all modes including DMR. When the mode column is selected, a drop-down will appear to allow the selection of the desired channel mode.

Please note the following: ◦When switching between FM and NFM, the squelch information will be preserved.
◦When switching to or from any other mode, the squelch information will be changed to search mode and the digital mode will be set based on the channel mode.
◦To cancel the mode change once the pull-down appears, press the Esc key.
◦If multiple conventional objects are selected, all objects will be changed to the new mode. Squelch and digital mode changes will be done on an object by object basis.

•Conventional DMR import will now accept an Asterisk (*) or the word "Any" (Without quotes, not case sensitive) as a color code wildcard value in addition to an empty value. An invalid color code value will also import with a wildcard (any) color code.
•Conventional objects in the scanlist tab will now show either "Analog" or "DMR" in the system column depending on the conventional object type.
•Changed the method used to determine the system type on the audio recording screen. This allows the application to show the talkgroup ID in the correct format based on the system type.

Note: Recordings made before CPU Firmware version 3.6 and coming from an EDACS, Motorola type I or type IIi, or LTR systems may not display properly in this software version depending on the currently loaded configuration.
•Fixed an issue where the object lists in the conventional and trunked import from clipboard or text would autoscroll when the mouse was moved out of the list area.
•Fixed tab order and selection issues when using tab on conventional object add screens
•Fixed tab order and selection issues when using tab on the new channel wizard screens in the scanlist tab.
•Fixed an issue with the conventional import from the clipboard or CSV file where DMR frequencies being imported were being given a color code 0 (Zero) value when the import did not include a color code field. Imported items will now have a wildcard (any) value.
•Fixed a display bug in the scanlist listing for LTR and EDACS systems.
•Fixed a crash when attempting to load the listing of audio files stored on the computer when the default audio folder does not exist.​
CPU Firmware:
Version 3.6 - July 11, 2016
•Search/Sweeper: Fixed recording info error
•DMR: Fixed problem with slot 2 in CONV objects
•Search/Sweeper: extend allowed "store" time into delay
•Added trunking system type to recording header
•Search/stalker modes "record stop" revisions
•Fixed problem with search record "always on"
•Fixed Sweeper bug​
DSP Firmware:
Version 2.3 - June 21, 2016
•Change how DMR PDUs are sent to CPU​