NEW UPDATE available - 7/11/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOFA_KING

Why can't "AUTO" on conventional memory channels work for any mode? Why doesn't it "Automatically" pickup whatever mode? Why does it have to be DMR or everything else but DMR?

That really was a border that didn't need to exist, and is something that needs to be removed. I need the ability to set a channel (or set many channels) to hear anything. Hey, it decodes anything and everything in search and sweeper operation, so it should be no problem in memory channel operation.

And PLEASE help us out with this terrible clunky software. I was trying to import a large list of memory channels from easy to calculate and create Excel converted to a CSV file but the HELP section on this process is severely flawed and incomplete. We need to know, maybe by a couple of clearly written examples, the exact format to create columns in the correct order with the correct content to create CSV files that will IMPORT without issues. Too bad there is no EXPORT CSV option. I could have reverse engineered that to get the correct format, plus it would speed up editing. Editing on this software is SLOW.

And I noticed some step sizes were WRONG on searching out all the bands. What, no way to change that with this clunky software? Not good.

I like the TRX-2, but hate the software. The radio would be so much more functional if the software was MUCH better. We paid top dollar for a top scanner with sub-standard software. It is way past the time to provide fully functional, easy to use software with advanced data capture and logging functions. If Whistler won't do it, at least let someone else take a shot at it.

Phil

TAbirdman

not sure how you had issues with the import? When you select the file you can then assign each column what to classify that column ( freq, tag, agc, lockout, etc), once that is done, import away! Does it have ALL the options, no but the big ones are there.

SOFA_KING

not sure how you had issues with the import? When you select the file you can then assign each column what to classify that column ( freq, tag, agc, lockout, etc), once that is done, import away! Does it have ALL the options, no but the big ones are there.

True, some worked, but many didn't. I did my best to follow the information in the Help section about Importing, but much of it was lacking. Even when I assigned to a column with correct heading and good data, it didn't take. Just not a finished product. Whistler can do better than that. I love the sound of this scanner, and I love the display, but the software sucks.

Phil

TAbirdman

I had to play around a bit to find out what the column would accept - like Y or N for items like AGC, ATT, Audio Boost, Delay etc

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Not sure if it's a setting I'm missing somewhere, or if it's just the way things work, but is there a way to unmute the audio when doing a limit search? Example: I'm searching for a new trunked system doing a limit search and I see the scanner has stopped on a frequency, shows full bars for strength... but that's it. Using my Pro-106 I can confirm that it's a Connect Plus control channel but I'd have no way of knowing this on my 1088 (hopefully future updates will display system details... SYSID, Site # etc). When searching for new stuff I prefer to hear everything that the radio is stopping on so I can quickly lock it out or give it a closer look.

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
Wendy just said last week the engineering team is currently working on this now. So, if history has taught me well, it might be October or November before a beta comes out and maybe January when the official release is out.

When people keep asking for something that was never out to begin with, it gets old fast. Just sit back and enjoy what ya got for now because the holidays are around the corner and so is this fix.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.