NEW UPDATE available - 7/11/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

troymail

Silent Key
When I get my TRX-1 next week and update and enter my police/fire by zip, will it automatically scan/RX DMR channels in my area, or do I need to do some additional programming to get it? Thanks for your help!

That depends on what DMR systems/channels have been identified by others in your area and submitted to the RRDB.

However, fellow RR member AggieCon (Justin) has created a tool to help get you going:

DMR Frequency Quick Import

This will allow you to search for DMR licenses in your area and make it easy to import them into your scanner via the EZ Scan PC app.

YoShep69

Premium Subscriber
Thanks!

Don, Wendy and team, thanks!

I knew you'd get this fixed.

Version 3.6 - July 11, 2016

Search/Sweeper: Fixed recording info error
DMR: Fixed problem with slot 2 in CONV objects
Search/Sweeper: extend allowed "store" time into delay
Added trunking system type to recording header
Search/stalker modes "record stop" revisions
Fixed problem with search record "always on"
Fixed Sweeper bug

DonS

Correct me if I am wrong but the new CPU firm wear version should be 2.6 not 3.6 ?

The current CPU firmware versions are:
* Base/mobile units (WS1095, WS1098, TRX-2): 2.6
* Handheld units (WS1080, WS1088, TRX-1): 3.6

While my post specifically referred to the WS1080/88, I did write "all other models are the same". I should have also said "except for the CPU version number on base/mobile models".

SOFA_KING

Yes, thank you. I love my TRX-2.

I e-mailed a small request yesterday that I would think would be simple to implement.

Can you have recordings of conventional P25 log the NAC code in the "System/Info" column of the software Audio index? And maybe also CTCSS and DCS for conventional analog recordings?

That would be some very useful "System Info" to have logged on conventional scanning and searching.

Hopefully this is an easy addition and can be done without a total redesign.

Thanks!

Phil

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
Someone stated in another thread that the latest firmware now works with systems that have RAS enabled, however, the change log does not specifically say this.

Don, can you please clarify if the firmware now works on systems with RAS enabled?

I asked this question about RAS several times in the forums in the last month or so and have been ignored. And others have asked as well. I am not sure why, this is a valid question. There are at least 5 Capacity Plus systems in the Orlando area with RAS enabled.

thanks,
Joe

scotttish

Ok, thanks!

That depends on what DMR systems/channels have been identified by others in your area and submitted to the RRDB.

However, fellow RR member AggieCon (Justin) has created a tool to help get you going:

DMR Frequency Quick Import

This will allow you to search for DMR licenses in your area and make it easy to import them into your scanner via the EZ Scan PC app.

Your a rock star!! Thank you!

diskmonger

Is it still necessary to lock out the control channels on DMR systems that are set to a frequency of "0"? As mentioned in another thread here people were seeing improvements when doing the lockout of the unnecessary control channels.

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Well I'll confirm at this point what everyone else knows; Slot 2 on DMR conventional frequencies is working fine. This was tested against DSD+ and against the Uniden BCD436HP.

My next mission is to do a side-by-side with the BCD436HP for overall comparisons. This will take a while.

I'm not sure on the 0.00000 lockout issue, but when in doubt, lock 'em out. :D

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone -
The Whistler Engineering team and Don S. are very busy right now so we would greatly appreciate it if you would submit any suggestions (or bug reports) to the scannersuggestions@whistlergroup.com email rather than posting them in the forum or directing them to Don. That way we can monitor them and log them. You may not receive a response to your email directly but please know that we are looking at every single one of them and logging them and discussing within the team.

We appreciate you all!

Thanks,
Whistler Wendy

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Well if someone has the time to post here I thought I could ask a question. If you do want your stuff public for all to see then sorry I may have wasted $600. As I have spent several Thousands of dollars on GRE/WHISTLER built scanners that may never happen again.

Last edited:

diskmonger

Well if someone has the time to post here I thought I could ask a question. If you do want your stuff public for all to see then sorry I may have wasted $600. As I have spent several Thousands of dollars on GRE/WHISTLER built scanners that may never happen again.

lol, there is no pleasing you is there?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Bit of a harsh respsonse, don't you think? When you have multiple people commenting in multiple threads it's obviously easy for things to get missed. Nobody said they can't be discussed here, but directly submitting potential issues direct to Whistler makes perfect sense to me.

Comp-100

On the good side; that was a pretty quick fix for a problem that looked like it might shake the foundation... Although Don did call it a 'workaround' rather than a fix, but I'd say the approach is kind of a big workaround if the control channel is not being used. Still hats off to the team for this fix, but I think they should have more internal QA people.

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
I will respond to their email per their request if I come across any issues. I think it's safe to conclude that they understand that any issues will continue to be discussed here, because that's what "here" is for. I think the criticism that I and others have provided thus far has been constructive in nature and I hope it's helped to make a difference.

Let them work on this scanner and use the email if you need to report problems. It does nothing but make things better for the end users down the road. Same for the folks at Uniden too. Competition is good and we as end users reap the benefits. Also....it's only a hobby! No one held our feet to the fire and told us to buy these things. :D

I'm running the two side by side with normal scanlists now (TRX-1 vs. BCD436HP). There are clear benefits to both, speed on the side of the 436, audio quality on the side of the TRX-1. More to follow. Thanks again to my buddy Jeff at The Hamstation for giving me the opportunity to test both, and to the folks writing DSD+ for the best end user diagnostic tool for diagnosing these issues. It's early in the game for DMR in a "real" scanner.

Remember, as Archie Bunker once said...."patience is a virgin, Meathead!"

com_chaser

Lets not forget how much time these people have spent making this product happen, including FREE digital upgrades. A lot us are extremely grateful for this...

kikito

Premium Subscriber

Well, FWIW, I didn´t Take Wendy´s request as a bad thing. I personally will post questions and findings here AND at the email provided when is something, especially a bug, I think is significant. I see it as a better way for them to keep track of stuff.

Comp-100

Well, FWIW, I didn´t Take Wendy´s request as a bad thing. I personally will post questions and findings here AND at the email provided when is something, especially a bug, I think is significant. I see it as a better way for them to keep track of stuff.

While maybe true; if they want free QA/QC, they should accomodate them in the forum or whatever way the testers work. Maybe it's not the most convienent for them, but that is something they should resolve on their end.

Status
Not open for further replies.