New update to Scanner Remote in Mac App Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

durangoGreg

To all "Scanner Remote" users, I just wanted to let you know that there is an update to Scanner Remote that adds keyboard hotkeys, improves the logic for more accurate frequency hit table contents, allows printing of hit table, fixes a few minor bugs, and fine tunes the radio polling routine.

In addition, I have released an all new "Scanner Remote Pro" app on the Mac App Store. It includes a lot more functionality like controlling the radio backlight, turning weather scan on / off, Record on / off, System / Department / Channel Hold control, syncing scanner internal clock with computer clock, exporting hit table to an external .csv file, Replay on / off, Close Call mode on /off, and adding avoided frequencies to the hit table list.

Please check them out on the Mac App Store. Merry Christmas to all!

hexagon_keyhole

Premium Subscriber
@durangoGreg Just wanted to report an aesthetics thing, the app has some minor text rendering clipping. Played a little with the custom coloring of the display (cool color palette popped out, can change background of the display but not text color?) but thank you so much for bringing this to macOS. Excited for future releases.

Feature request, anyway we can get a timestamp of the last scanner hit in the hits list? Would be nice to see what talk group talked last or most recent.

Attachments

• Textclipping.png
    Textclipping.png
    231.6 KB · Views: 81

durangoGreg

Interesting! There is no clipping on my end. Can I ask you what type of Mac you are using? Possibly the fonts I am using don't render properly on certain computers. I will get this fixed and submit an update soon.

durangoGreg

I have submitted a new version 1.0.1 of Scanner Remote Pro to the Mac App Store which fixes the label clipping issue. It is currently under review by the App Review group. Once certified it should be pushed to everyone who has automatic updates enabled on their Mac.

Scannernitwit

Hello durangoGreg:

After much time and research, I have decided to purchase a Uniden SDS 100.
I have lots to learn!

However, I do understand Mac’s as I have been using Apple computers since the mid-eighties. (I have a “Woz” somewhere in the attic)
Will this application work with the SDS 100 radio and High Sierra?

Merry Christmas to you!

Take care,
Kevin

durangoGreg

Hello durangoGreg:

After much time and research, I have decided to purchase a Uniden SDS 100.
I have lots to learn!

However, I do understand Mac’s as I have been using Apple computers since the mid-eighties. (I have a “Woz” somewhere in the attic)
Will this application work with the SDS 100 radio and High Sierra?

Merry Christmas to you!

Take care,
Kevin
Yes, it should work fine with the SDS100. As for High Sierra, I can't remember is this OS X 10.13? If so, Scanner Remote and Scanner Remote Pro will work with 10.13 and later. Try the free version of Scanner Remote first. If it works then Scanner Remote Pro will work fine.

If it doesn't work then you will need to upgrade your copy of OS X.

hexagon_keyhole

Premium Subscriber
I have submitted a new version 1.0.1 of Scanner Remote Pro to the Mac App Store which fixes the label clipping issue. It is currently under review by the App Review group. Once certified it should be pushed to everyone who has automatic updates enabled on their Mac.
Apologies for the late reply!

Also, I just noticed that there is a bug with the set date/time feature. I did it the other night, and it would appear that the clock on my SDS100 is off by 12 hours.

durangoGreg

Apologies for the late reply!

Also, I just noticed that there is a bug with the set date/time feature. I did it the other night, and it would appear that the clock on my SDS100 is off by 12 hours.

OK, thanks! That's a good one. Evidently the computer time is in 12 hour format and the scanner is in 24 hour format. I will get that fixed with the next release.

Please in the future report bugs to my support email address that is listed in the "Help" menu for scanner remote and scanner remote pro. I don't want to use the Radio Reference Forum fo software support as I am sure the moderators wouldn't want that either.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Love this program, nice to have one that works on my Mac. Curious, can you make an option for the list at the bottom to show latest at the top instead of the bottom? And one other...I do have labels on some of my UIDs...not complaining, believe me. This app is amazing

durangoGreg

Love this program, nice to have one that works on my Mac. Curious, can you make an option for the list at the bottom to show latest at the top instead of the bottom? And one other...I do have labels on some of my UIDs...not complaining, believe me. This app is amazing

Thanks for the feedback but I am not quite understanding your requests, can you elaborate a little more.

1) Which app are you referring to (Scanner Remote or Scanner Remote Pro)?
2) Currently the hit list is sorted by the number of hits not the latest or earliest. What order do you want and on what list? The displayed list or the exported list?
3) I don't understand what you mean by labels on UIDs. Can you explain this a little more?

Please in the future report any bug fixes or requests through my support email listed at the bottom of the first help page in the Scanner Remote help menu.

I am currently working on more updates to allow wireless connection in the future via a network connection to eliminate the USB requirement but I am a long ways off right now. I will probably have an update soon that fixes a couple of bugs in the current app. If you could get back to me with your request soon, I might be able to include your request in the next release depending on how difficult it is to implement.
Thanks again.

shirsch101

Premium Subscriber
Question about the app....do you connect to the front mini USB connector or the rear DB9 serial connect on a BCD536HP?

hulka

So I just stumbled across this. Does this work in place of Sentinel? Will it work on the new M1’s by chance?

durangoGreg

No this is not a replacement for Sentinel. It is not used for programming it is just used for remote control of you radio and keeping track of frequencies that are hit by the scanner.

It does work on the M1 but please download the free version to make sure that it works for you with your computer and scanner before buying the paid version.

For more info and screenshots, search for Scanner Remote and Scanner Remote Pro on the Mac App Store.

MrRadio

Greg, that's an awesome app! Thanks for creating it!

What does "Lamp" control on the app window? Is it the window color (brighter/lighter blue) or does it actually control the scanner's display light? It's not clear in the list of features on the app store.

durangoGreg

Greg, that's an awesome app! Thanks for creating it!

What does "Lamp" control on the app window? Is it the window color (brighter/lighter blue) or does it actually control the scanner's display light? It's not clear in the list of features on the app store.

It controls the brightness of the scanner backlight. A lot of times while I am listening to the scanner and running my app, I don't need to look at the radio display. So I added a lamp control to turn the backlight off on the radio and save the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.