New User Again. Re tdma Phase II In MA Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOBRR

Hello,

Getting back into hobby after a long absence.

Have a GRE PSR 500
Live in Sudbury; about 20 miles due west of Boston.

Have come across these (new ?) modes which I am totally unfamiliar with:

X2-TDMA
APCO-25 Phase II TDMA digital
tdma Phase II

a. Will my PSR 500 decode them ?

b. Are any "interesting" stations using them in Mass. at present ?
Police, Fire, MSP, RR, Maritime, etc. ?

If not, contemplated for the near future ? Who and when ?

Thanks for help,
Bob

bezking

OK, here it goes... The PSR-800 works on Motorola X2 systems (there are very, very few out there). Nothing (yet) is compatible with the Phase II APCO standard. I'm not sure that the standard has even been ratified yet. "TDMA Phase II" is the same thing as APCO Phase II. Motorola X2 is Motorola's take on the early APCO Phase II standard, but the Motorola system is not the APCO standard.

Phase II TRSes supports Time-Division Multiple Access (TDMA), meaning that two transmissions can be made on the same frequency simultaneously.

Last edited:

BOBRR

From OP:

Hi,

Thanks for info.
Sure does get complicated.
Not all that sharp with this, frankly, but trying to learn.

BTW: I have a GRE PSR 500 (not the 800 you mentioned)

What will my 500 decode relative to these modes ?

Best regards,
Bob

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The Phase II standard was approved in Nov 2010. Any Motorola TRS hardware or APX radios running Astro 25 System Release 7.11 is Phase II capable.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
It is possible that Boston MedFlight has new radios on a private 900 mhz TDMA trunked radio system (TRS). You could check out the ICE systems listed at Radioref or Scan New England. There might be some freqs or info listed there.

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
It is possible that Boston MedFlight has new radios on a private 900 mhz TDMA trunked radio system (TRS). You could check out the ICE systems listed at Radioref or Scan New England. There might be some freqs or info listed there.

Unless I'm mistaken these systems are DMR/MotoTrbo (or will be) and they will not be able to be received by any current scanner. There is a software alternative (search DSD here at RR) but it is not ideal for "beginner status", with all due respect to the OP, and not really on target with what he's asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.