New user and scanner ( need help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud4030

Premium Subscriber
bought the PRO-2096 digital trunking base scanner with the programming cable and driver software.
I live in Morgan County and want to listen to the sheriff dept and local Fire. The county is now digital 800mhz and I'm not sure how to program this scanner. Is their software that will help me? I'm running windows xp on my computer. This scanner is very difficult for me to program,I asked the radio shack dealer to help but they were not able to help me. Looking for any information that will enable me to program this scanner.

KLH

Feed Provider
WIN 96 is the best software for your scanner.
http://www.starrsoft.com/software/win96/

With that software, and the RadioReference Database, you can't have a better match.

Now It's been a while since I've used the software, but I believe if you subscribe to RadioReference, you can use the IMPORT feature to automatically copy all the data for your county over to your scanner. It may be worth the $$ to not have to retype all the ID tags, and frequencies.

bud4030

Premium Subscriber
A few More Questions

I don't have a good understanding on trunking systems. I bought Win96 software and performed the web
import. I selected the city of (Martinsville)-(Morgan) to xfer into my scanner. Not sure why it only sent
the primary and alternate 800mhz freq. of the group of about 6 ? Also started to listen to these two freq, and what I heard was putman county along with Morgan County. I thought these freq were decated to Martinsville-Morgan? Am I missing something ?? I later manually added the other 800 mhz freq for Martinsville-Morgan on win96 and loaded my scanner, but not sure if I should have or not?

N9WP

...what I heard was putman county along with Morgan County. I thought these freq were decated to Martinsville-Morgan? Am I missing something ??

SAFE-T sometimes share adjacent counties. Here in Boone county on the tower here, I can get Boone County but also Hendricks County, sometimes Crawfordsville Police. The best way to handle it if you are wanting to only listen to Morgan county and not Putnam county is to set up banks and turn them on and off according to what you want to listen too. I've barely played with the win96 software and don't have any experience with the Radio Shack scanners, someone else will have to jump in and help you some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.