New User - Bearcat bct15x - Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nef0208

HELP, HELP, HELP ... I recently purchased the Bearcat BCT15X as a upgrade from a old radioshack handheld that I owned... I finally figured how to add new feq but they are not scanning and the only thing I can get is some pre program from a different state where I don't live. 1st how do I get the feq to scan that I want to hear and 2nd is there any way to get rid of the preprogramed ones? this is a nightmare.

Blackink

1) I would start with having this "Easier to Read Manual" on hand and look through it-twice, maybe three times to grasp an understanding of how to work things. Easier to Read BCT15-X Scanner Manual

2)When you load up that page, look right under the word "Contents" where you see "Using BearTracker Scanning". Click on that and it'll take you to where it explains how to turn off a lot of the features that the scanner will scan through IF NOT turned off.

3) If you want to scan frequencies in your state that are pre-programmed in your scanner, here's how to do that, (although those frequencies are most likely outdated and in order to hear them, you'd have to reverse the steps you did when turning off all the BearTracker features in step #2 above):
To select your state, press the Function knob(the Scroll knob), then press the Volume control knob. Rotate the Function knob to select your state, then press "E" to make your selection.

4) As far as getting your frequencies to scan that you manually put in yourself, you might want to read what's on this link: Nothing to Scan - The RadioReference Wiki
Most people don't assign Quick keys to their Systems or Groups (and turn the on) which would be another reason your not hearing the frequencies you've manually programmed in.

5) After you've done all of the above and read the Nothing to Scan in the Wiki and are still having problems, come back and explain what problems your still having and someone will surly try and help you.

Good Luck and enjoy your new scanner....

Status
Not open for further replies.