New User, brand new RS Pro scan 197

Status
Not open for further replies.

savgal1211

Hi,
I am wondering, if when I am scanning, and I come across a "transmission" I want to listen too, do I hit the PAUSE button? It just keeps on scanning. Female here, Thanks..

kayi4cle

Premium Subscriber
Welcome to Radio Reference!! To answer your question: No, you hit the Manual button. To resume scanning, hit the Scan button. The Pause is for preprogrammed searches. Hope this helps!

N8IAA

The Pause button wil work whether it is a trunked system TG, conventional frequency, or something in the Search range. I use it on my 106 when wanting to pause to hear more. Just push the button again to go back to scanning:)
Larry

kayi4cle

Premium Subscriber
The Pause button wil work whether it is a trunked system TG, conventional frequency, or something in the Search range. I use it on my 106 when wanting to pause to hear more. Just push the button again to go back to scanning:)
Larry

I just discovered that you are right, and it does work when the radio is already stopped on an active frequency. Thank you for that!! But, when scanning a scanlist where nothing is active, and wanting to pause and scroll to a specific channel and wait for it to become active, pressing Pause does not work and that's how I guess I got in the habit of using Manual for both situations. You learn something new every day. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.