New user from San Jose, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

kvieira

Hello Everyone..

I just bought a scanner this past week.. (NEW-RADIO SHACK PRO-164,TRIPLE-TRUNKING 1000CH.W/EXTRAS - eBay (item 190383707811 end time Mar-25-10 16:34:55 PDT)) after having an older scanner many years ago (around 1990) from radio shack. Things have changed quite a bit from that time.. I've been reading threads about programming and think I have a good shot of getting my scanner programmed without too much pain. But I wanted to say hello now before I start asking for help if I get stuck.

Thanks,

Ken

dxradio2003

kvieira

Hi dxradio2003,

Thanks for the tip.. Yea I was planning on getting the premium subscription here on RR and was not sure what software to get.. I'm split between win97 and ARC-300 both seem to work with the pro-164 and I've seen different posters mention both software packages.. so I'm just not sure which would be the better, easier, more popular to be able to get help with if needed.. Any suggestions?

-Ken

kvieira

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to give a quick update.. I got my pro-164 and thanks to all who had problems before me and posted request for help I got my system up and running with the knowledge I picked up here.

Some of the things I noticed.. seems Win97 seems to have a harder time looking up the data from RR then did ARC-300 and when Win97 did finally pull the conv frequencies it was missing some of the categories that ARC-300 had. Strange.. but either way I got it up and running and am happily scanning as I type this.

Status
Not open for further replies.