New user help in Oktibbeha County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drummer11

I am brand new to this forum and I don't know that much about radios.

I am currently becoming a volunteer firefighter at Central Oktibbeha Fire Department and I would like some information on which radio would work for me. My main goal is to be able to hear the fire departments but if I could hear anything else that would be great also.

I was wondering if a Uniden BC95XLT scanner would get the job done and if not what would I need. This Uniden is a 200 channel scanner with 800Mhz coverage it says. From what I have read this is not have the capability to hear trunked radio systems. Im not familiar with trunked radio systems nor do I know if Oktibbeha County uses it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dosboot

I would check out the Pro-164 from Radio Shack Noxubee County has a Truck system and I not meant TG's on it yet but i'm sure they will add more soon. The Pro-164 is $199 at Radio Shack and you can use WIN-97 to program the radio. Columbus Air Force Base also has a Trunk system so should be so good stuff to listen too.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
The following are the best Radio Shack scanners for usage on the OK Co EDACS TRS - PRO-92, PRO-93, PRO-95, PRO-96, PRO-97, PRO-106 etc... The GRE PSR's are also excellent on the system. Not real familiar with all the Unidens. The system is an EDACS Analog multisite network with two SCAT sites. You will need a trunking capable scanner to properly follow the conversations or youll soon get lost monitoring this busy system. Once you have a capable scanner, we can recomend good programming software, and help you get set up. Welcome aboard!

Myself and two others mapped this system out over the years. :)

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
On the note about Noxubee Co... We do need confirmation it is still used, and any talk groups monitored.... Its been a LONG time since we had accurate data about that system. There were plans at one point to link it with Ok co/MSU's EDACS, and a few others in the area and upgrade to a wide area EDACS ProVoice digital. We are glad to see that didnt happen. :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.