WS1065: New user of a Whistler WS1065 scanner, needs help.

rege142

Let me set the stage.

I'm helping my in-laws configure their brand new Whistler WS1065 scanner; we are using the Win500 program to configure the scanner and we also have an active subscription to the Radioreference.com website.

Now we have downloaded the local stations that we want to monitor and then uploaded them via the Win500 program to our 1065, upon completion of the upload the 1065 shows the message: 'Nothing enabled'.

The Whistler website shows in their FAQ that the 'Scan set 01' box is unchecked. We have since tried to re-upload local stations again and made sure that the 'Scan set 01' box is Checked, but the 1065 still shows 'Nothing enabled'.

So I'm hoping that someone here will be able to help us get this unit working.

Is there a way to reset the 1065 to a "factory default" so that we can start over?

thank you.

DVINTHEHOUSEMAN

Up North
Try pressing the 1 key. If you're using Win500, it should automatically set everything to that scan list unless you changed the lists they are assigned to. If you zip up the programming file (.p500) and attach it to the post I can look at it for you.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
A quick search of forums will return many answers to your questions, many others have had issues like yours and people here have provided good information to help. The search feature is at the top right, just search WS1065. Here are a few examples that you might find helpful.