New User problem w/996xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

bilmont2203

Premium Subscriber
Month old xt using the Pro version of Arc-XT....Been reading all the threads I could find here at this forum for like problem that I have...I have loaded the counties that I want to listen to but while monitoring the trunking systems in the scan/search mode it brings in my FM, Pub. safety, Special and Custom bands, cycles through them all and when it locks on FM there it sits...Anyway and obviously this is a bit more than annoying.........Haven't a clue to eliminate this problem...Also I see where the Free Scan program comes recommended by some subscribers. Have given thought to Free Scan but some requirements to FS are Internet Explorer and some .net program I don't have and am leary of putting dl additional programs...
Any ideas , help or suggestions would be appreciated..did try to make this short{next time}...

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
Could it be your squelch?

Re: FreeScan, I love it. I tried out Arc, but FreeScan was much more intuitive for me. If you know someone locally try it out on their machine, and see how you feel.

Last edited:

bilmont2203

Premium Subscriber
Just tried the squelch-thanks but no resolve, here I sit on FM.....Possibly mmmight dl FS and see if that program allows me to find a cure to eliminate issue...I am sure there has to be a solution...thnx

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone locally uploaded a Arc file you could dl and compare to yours? Without being there I'd just be guessing.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
You have enabled all of the Service and Custom searches. You need to disable them in ARC-XT (I don't know how) or using the scanner's front-panel controls (F+L/O, L/O while it is on the search you don't want to have activated).

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
If that's the problem, I totally misread your question :( My apologies for chiming in.

bilmont2203

Premium Subscriber
UPMan,....thnx and glad you caught this for me, your procedure for locking and unlocking seems to have done the trick....well done and easy...

bilmont2203

Premium Subscriber
NOWEFF, no you did misunderstand...I was just inquiring about Free Scan pre-requirements for installing program...anyhow...my computer seems to slowdown a little more everytime I add to it...thanks for your suggestion..

Status
Not open for further replies.