Pro-668: New user questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

radio10-8

I am programming the PRO-668 scanner with only with internal library. I do not have a windows computer to try the other software yet. I am stuck on the play lists versus play sets, can someone simplify the explanation for me. I made an error and now i have a warning message "Nothing to scan"
I really like this radio so far, very easy to use, does anyone have any suggestions or do's and don'ts? How do i erase items in a playlist? I really have 20 more questions..

Last edited:

marksmith

Until you fully understand playlists, ignore playsets, as they are sets of playlists.

536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

Swipesy

Radio 10-8. To expand on Mark's comment. It is best that you only use Playlists as Mark stated. You also MUST have at least ONE Playset enabled. Usually 01 Defaults to recognizing all Playlists so enable, under the Advance Tab Playset 01.

Also, be sure that you have enabled all Playlists that have Talkgroups or Conventional frequencies programmed into.

Briefly -

Playlists = buckets where you can store Talkgroups and Frequencies. You can name the Playlists anything you like such as Fire, Police, Hospitals or County, city names etc.

Playsets = advanced programming that allow you to group Playlists to enable/disable quickly groups of Playlists. For instance lets say you have Playlist 01 - XYZ City - Pd, Playlist 02 - XYZ City - Fire, Playlist 03 - XYZ City Hospital. You could create a Playset, say 02, Name it XYZ City -PD-FD and assign Playlist 01 and 02 to it and enable Playset 02 and then you would hear Playlistt 01 and 02..

Whenever you use Playsets, disable Playset 01, enable the Playsets (you can enable up to 20) you wan to listen too. When using Playsets it is a good idea to enable every Playlist that you have programmed whether or not you are currently listening to them.

Confusing huh? This is why Mark suggessted to stick with Playlists until you understand the scanner better.

tsmooth

As far as my personal experience i upgraded the firmware to ws1080 and there are more programming options that you can do manually without a computer i love it.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

rwier

Until you fully understand playlists, ignore playsets, as they are sets of playlists.

536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

Best advice you will get in this thread. 50+ PLs in each 800, and all are in set #1, and these scanners were purchased close to the first available opportunity.

radio10-8

Thank you to all!

I have it figured out now. I purchased this radio at a closing Radio Shack still new in box. I was out of the scanning hobby for a few years due to my area going to Project 25 Phase II TDMA.
I am very happy with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.