WS1040: New User - Total Newbie looking for Mentor and Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denholm

New User - Total Newbie looking for Mentor and Help

Hello, I am Denholm!

I just bought my 2nd scanner ever in life, first one was a Uniden and was pretty simple. I just got the WS1040 in the box and am looking for guidance from someone here, email, or even skype. Any takers?

Thank you,

Denholm

Blackswan73

The best way to program the 1040, which is the same radio as the PSR 500, Pro 106, and Pro 651 is with a premium subscription and one of the software packages designed for that line of scanners such as, Win 500, PSRedit, or Arc 500. Also the PSR 600, Pro 197,Pro 651, and Whistler 1065 are the same scanner in a base/mobile configuration. Check out YouTube for videos on how to program your scanner, or check out the wiki for object oriented programming and the link to marks scanner pages.

Last edited by a moderator:

Denholm

The best way to program the 1040, which is the same radio as the PSR 500, Pro 106, and Pro 651 is with a premium subscription and one of the software packages designed for that line of scanners such as, Win 500, PSRedit, or Arc 500. Also the PSR 600, Pro 197,Pro 651, and Whistler 1065 are the same scanner in a base/mobile configuration. Check out YouTube for videos on how to program your scanner, or check out the wiki for object oriented programming and the link to marks scanner pages.

very good info, ty! I will do that

Denholm

I went to starsoft.com and got the software there, but I would like know what is the best software to program the WS1040 now before I go further or is this it, the only program.

N8IAA

I went to starsoft.com and got the software there, but I would like know what is the best software to program the WS1040 now before I go further or is this it, the only program.
You have it already! DonS who writes the software and firmware for the 1040/1065 has been doing this since the PSR-500/600, RS Pro-106/197 came out a decade ago. I use it for my 106 and 197.
Larry

Denholm

You have it already! DonS who writes the software and firmware for the 1040/1065 has been doing this since the PSR-500/600, RS Pro-106/197 came out a decade ago. I use it for my 106 and 197.
Larry

good looking out, thank you for the quick reply!

ok I am going to start the process now and keep yall posted.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Denholm, this article from our wiki has a lot of info you can use. Explanations about trunking, user guides for Win500, an Easier to Read guide and lots more are linked (always in blue) here...

Getting Started with your GRE/RS Object Oriented Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

It would be helpful, if you are still looking for a mentor, to state where you are (county/state is fine). That way locals know if you are nearby if they wish to help

Mike

Denholm

Denholm, this article from our wiki has a lot of info you can use. Explanations about trunking, user guides for Win500, an Easier to Read guide and lots more are linked (always in blue) here...

Getting Started with your GRE/RS Object Oriented Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

It would be helpful, if you are still looking for a mentor, to state where you are (county/state is fine). That way locals know if you are nearby if they wish to help

Mike

wow Mike, this will help alot also, thank you

nice to meet you!

Status
Not open for further replies.