New user with a few questions (GMRS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrix9445

Hello guys,

I've been lurking on this forum for a while, but never really posted.

I'm looking to get started with amateur radio, and I figure GMRS is a good place to start? The license is relativity cheap and easy to get correct?

I have a few UHF Motorola Sabers and a RIB. Also, looking to get a Spectra to tinker with (I have the control head, cables etc, just no main unit). I cant seem to find a spectra within the GMRS range of frequencies, are these hard to find, most of them I've found are in are VHF or 800 and 900 MHz.

Also, just looking for any pointers to get started with GMRS.

Thanks guys.

Hello guys,

I've been lurking on this forum for a while, but never really posted.

I'm looking to get started with amateur radio, and I figure GMRS is a good place to start? The license is relativity cheap and easy to get correct?

I have a few UHF Motorola Sabers and a RIB. Also, looking to get a Spectra to tinker with (I have the control head, cables etc, just no main unit). I cant seem to find a spectra within the GMRS range of frequencies, are these hard to find, most of them I've found are in are VHF or 800 and 900 MHz.

Welcome Radio Reference. You will find avast knowledgeable people on here.
Also, just looking for any pointers to get started with GMRS.

Thanks guys.
License is 85 dollars. Here is the FCC where you can get started. FCC: Wireless Services: General Mobile Radio Service: GMRS Home

Here is good place to start. GMRS - The RadioReference.com Forums

Also here is good place to start. Amateur Radio Equipment - The RadioReference.com Forums

Amateur Radio General Discussion - The RadioReference.com Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.