new user

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTCPT

Hi new user here. I got a Uniden 898T about a week ago, having fun with it using it the cool way - pick a freqency and sit on it. Someday I'll figure out this scanning thing. I picked this radio because it has a big knob on the front. Just using the included whip ant. and given that I live in an aluminum box, I'm surprised what I'm able to hear. I need to make an antenna for this and install it, just haven't done it yet.

I can't believe the stuff that goes on late at night lol.

mciupa

Database Admin
Hi WTCPT welcome to RadioReference :)

Great to hear you are enjoying the radio, don't forget there are another 499 slots for freq's on that scanner as well.:D

It does trunking as well, have you tried trunktracking with it yet?

WTCPT

Hi WTCPT welcome to RadioReference :)

Great to hear you are enjoying the radio, don't forget there are another 499 slots for freq's on that scanner as well.:D

It does trunking as well, have you tried trunktracking with it yet?

Thanks OM!

Yeah, 499, amazing to think about .... wow.

Yeah it does analog trunking .... see for me the choice was a BC350C which is a very simple scanner for $100, or this one for $200. I wanted a scanner I can grow into, plus, while it's really not the latest and greatest, there's a heck of a lot just on say, VHF. In the clear, nothing fancy, tow truck drivers and meter readers and all kinds of stuff. Entertainment and situational awareness.

It's raining cats and dogs and not sure when it's supposed to stop, maybe in a week. The whip antenna it comes with is awful, but having it and the radio it's attached to is a huge accomplishment these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.