New User

Status
Not open for further replies.

JudyDavid

Premium Subscriber
Hi, I have a Uniden Whistler VS1065 and I want to load local frequencies, fire, police, county, etc. I want to know how I can get them by taking them from my pc. I have gotten as far as downloading the software, now how do I link with my radio? I know I have to plug into the computer first. Do I have the scanner on? or off.

I apologize I am a novice at this. I can use help. When I go to the software, what do I do? Thanks. Please let me know if I need to give more information.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Hi, I have a Uniden Whistler VS1065 and I want to load local frequencies, fire, police, county, etc. I want to know how I can get them by taking them from my pc. I have gotten as far as downloading the software, now how do I link with my radio? I know I have to plug into the computer first. Do I have the scanner on? or off.

I apologize I am a novice at this. I can use help. When I go to the software, what do I do? Thanks. Please let me know if I need to give more information.

First of all, let's be certain which scanner you have. I would guess you have the Whistler WS1065? Uniden and Whistler are 2 different companies, but neither makes a VS1065 model.

And second, which software package did you download?

The three most common for the Whistler WS1065 scanner would be:

Win500
Arc500
PSREdit500

Do you have one of those?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Unlikely since the OP mentioned the 1065 and the EZScan software is for the Whistlers that have a SD card, which the 1065 doesn't have

Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Judy, assuming here that you have the WS1065 (which is really a PSR-600 from GRE in another box), this article from our wiki has links (always in blue) to just about everything you will need to get started

Getting Started with your GRE/RS Object Oriented Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

Note that since the 1065 is really a PSR-600, anything written for the 600 will work with your scanner. Fxdscon's naming of those 3 packages is correct for this scanner...we have a link to our Object Oriented software article in the above that gives you the links for those 3 packages. In addition, at the very bottom of the above article, we have user guides linked for ARC500 and Win500, along with the Easier to Read manual.

Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
As a follow up; the links below are for our NY state database; the other is for our NY forum, where region specific help can be had. Finally we have the Whistler forum where help can be had for Whistler scanners...

New York Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

https://forums.radioreference.com/new-york-radio-discussion-forum/

https://forums.radioreference.com/whistler-scanners/

Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions. The only dumb question is the one not asked. We've all been there at one time or another

Mike

JudyDavid

Premium Subscriber
Sorry just got back to this. I am going to the address that you suggested, Ka3, I will be back with questions. Thanks so much guys, I am very grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.