New Version of SDR# Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

a417

Judging by the changelog, there were six releases in the last 48 hours..last one looks like a bugfix

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It's being extensively discussed on this reflector from Groups.io...

Mike

Doombar

I am currently on 1732. How do I update to 1740 without losing my plugins and settings?

I back up my frequencies and plugins XML files regularly but I'm worried about losing my other plugins.

Thanks in advance. :)

a417

I am currently on 1732. How do I update to 1740 without losing my plugins and settings?

I back up my frequencies and plugins XML files regularly but I'm worried about losing my other plugins.

back up the corresponding .DLLs for the plugins, as well. The DLLs are the libraries that the plugins are made of, the XMLs are markup files that enable/configure them

mbott

Premium Subscriber

For me, I just uncompress the downloaded zip file into a temporary directory and copy everything BUT the following two files (Plugins.xml and SDRSharp.exe.config) into the sdrsharp-x86 Windows directory. I've yet to loose any plugin or configuration in doing it this way.

--
Mike

Benkasey

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the heads-up pinkfish. I check his site about a month ago and still no updates since October. He seems to release updates infrequently, but in big bursts. The multi-instance device sharing looks interesting. Will give me something to tinker with this weekend.

mbott

Premium Subscriber
After downloading and installing version 1742, every time I try to start it up, it closes. This doesn't happen on older version just the newer ones.
If it were me, I'd go back to an earlier release and wait on 1743.

--
Mike

air-scan

1742 works great on my laptop :cool: Jammin with KOMA 92.5 playing 1 hours of 90's top hits. Sounds smooth. Can't upload copyrighted stuff so just still image only.
sdrsharp1742.png

BM82557

Info on a new feature in the latest versions --

BM82557

For me, I just uncompress the downloaded zip file into a temporary directory and copy everything BUT the following two files (Plugins.xml and SDRSharp.exe.config) into the sdrsharp-x86 Windows directory. I've yet to loose any plugin or configuration in doing it this way.

--
Mike

Just an followup FYI --

That is what I've done previously but encountered a problem when I went to update from Version 1756 to version 1776. After I installed V 1776 the received signal levels were greatly reduced. I eventually tried including the new version's SDRSharp.exe.config file when I copied the files over and the signal levels are back to the normal level. The developer must have changed something in the config file from the way the older versions had it. I just had to reset the preferences to the way I wanted them which didn't take too much effort.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
Just an followup FYI --

That is what I've done previously but encountered a problem when I went to update from Version 1756 to version 1776. After I installed V 1776 the received signal levels were greatly reduced. I eventually tried including the new version's SDRSharp.exe.config file when I copied the files over and the signal levels are back to the normal level. The developer must have changed something in the config file from the way the older versions had it. I just had to reset the preferences to the way I wanted them which didn't take too much effort.

I thought this was me. I noticed issues with 1776 as well

mbott

Premium Subscriber
Looks like the plugins.xml has changed a bit. Guess I'll look at the new plugin.xml before replacement.

--
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.