new virus!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB1UAM

i need help in removing this new virus that i receieved today called "security tool" it jst installed automatically, thanks in advanced. tthis is begining to really annoy me. by the way i have windows hp. and windows 7 software

n5ims

Here are instructions on how to remove that virus for you (it uses the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mentioned above) and may be easier for you to follow. Remove Security Tool and SecurityTool (Uninstall Guide)

Please note how this virus could have gotten on your PC. Most often it is from a pop-up you get while visiting an infected web site. That pop-up appears to be a virus scan that finds an infection on your machine (that probably doesn't actually exist) and tells you to click a button to remove. This doesn't actually remove the infection, but in actually infects your machine with this virus.

The key here is if you see a pop-up telling you have a virus that isn't from your normal virus scanning software do not follow that pop-up's advice but run your own virus scan instead!

Status
Not open for further replies.