New Wagoner County Harris radio system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
If I am not mistaken, this means Open Sky for Wagoner County since Broken Arrows is using this system. I don't know why they chose Open Sky instead of OKWIN.

Probably because of Broken Arrows proximity to Wagoner County, I believe there is more of BA in WC than in Tulsa County. WC had a simulcast ID on BA's Edacs system.

N5TWB

In a conversation yesterday with a BAPD officer who said the new chief is reviewing the Open Sky system and the general dissatisfaction from officers with the system's performance or lack thereof. If the review causes a decision to change in BA, Wagoner County could find themselves alone in the Open Sky wilderness.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Wagoner County

In a conversation yesterday with a BAPD officer who said the new chief is reviewing the Open Sky system and the general dissatisfaction from officers with the system's performance or lack thereof. If the review causes a decision to change in BA, Wagoner County could find themselves alone in the Open Sky wilderness.

I continue to be surprised by the lack of insight and information some government entities possess concerning functional radio systems. Sometimes, these entities are bound by having to go with the lowest bidder. On some occasions, going with the lowest bidder might mean the purchase of obsolete equipment, incompetent services, or both. Sometimes, large sums of money are wasted.

Hopefully, BA and Wagoner will come to their senses & join the larger P25 systems being installed.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
I was totally shocked when BA went online with OS, after hearing months of officers complaining in the field that the radios/coverage stank. It was about a week after techs drove around doing the "Can you hear me know" test.

peterjmag

I continue to be surprised by the lack of insight and information some government entities possess concerning functional radio systems. Sometimes, these entities are bound by having to go with the lowest bidder. On some occasions, going with the lowest bidder might mean the purchase of obsolete equipment, incompetent services, or both. Sometimes, large sums of money are wasted.

Hopefully, BA and Wagoner will come to their senses & join the larger P25 systems being installed.

Ahhh I doubt BA will join the state. They have always had the idea that they will do what they want and it's usually not what others are doing. Back in the early mid 90s when they upgraded from UHF they had the opportunity to join the State/Tulsa 800 but chose to purchase their old EDACs system just to do something different than Tulsa. If anything I could see them going to Pro Voice before they go P25. They have always had the mindset of being their own city and not worried about what the big Tulsa and others are doing. Tulsa? why would we want to join Tulsa? We are the big bad BA and we can do what we want. This mentality is not just radio politics but also the mentality of it's citizens and local government.

eharlow

Premium Subscriber
BA = Bad ***....at least that's what they think about themselves sometimes!

Status
Not open for further replies.