New Washington County Tower (wccca)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Docster911

WCCCA has recently put up their new tower on Canterbury St. in Tigard. The thing comes complete with fake? branches from the top to help in blend into the trees. Quite a sight. Does anyone know if this new stick is operational yet? Can we get it into the database if it is?

joescanner

Just another radio geek.
Docster911 said:
WCCCA has recently put up their new tower on Canterbury St. in Tigard. The thing comes complete with fake? branches from the top to help in blend into the trees. Quite a sight. Does anyone know if this new stick is operational yet? Can we get it into the database if it is?

It is my understanding that it is part of the Simulcast system. Although there will be some new frequencies being turned on for that system (or so it would appear from looking at the FCC license info), I do not believe they've been turned on yet.

(As I can just barely pull in the WCCCA simulcast system from my location in Gresham, I don't have strong enough signal to monitor to see what frequencies are actually in use. If you monitor and can confirm any 86x.xxxx frequencies in use on the WCCCA simulcast -- and not part of the Clackamas county simulcast -- I, or any of the db admins, will be happy to update the database.)

Lindsay has mandated that no unconfirmed information goes in the database, including systems (or frequencies) that are not yet in use.

Docster911

new wccca tower....(continued)

took a closer look this am at the new tower on Canterberry St. From a distance it appears to be set up and ready to go, however, a closer look shows none of the cabling has been done to the tower, so, for now... we just have to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.