New Waterloo Region Fire Tones

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwjmackie

If you're listening to the Waterloo Region fire channels tonight, you'll hear a fair bit of testing on the Township Dispatch TG. New fire and medical tones are being assigned for the township fire departments.

I have no details as to specific frequencies or tones for each department. Someone with the appropriate skills will figure them out in due course and post them to the database and/or forum.

markab

Quite active

Yeah, it seems to be quite active now with the test tones. I'm not sure how things will unfold but I've never heard so many call tones in such close succession :)

Mark

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
I have had some of the new tones emailed to me already and the rest I will decipher once they finally finish all the test.

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
All the tones have now been deciphered and I will update the Wiki soon.

Lexxx

I think you're going to find that this test was an effort to simultaneously alert ALL fire stations in the entire region of certain events, and do it all at the same time.

At the moment apparently, it is a rather long and convoluted process to notify everyone, and it takes too long to do.

Peter
Waterloo Live Scanner Feeds

bwjmackie

There was nothing that I heard last night that would support that idea, Lexxx. All tones were announced by their names (ie: New Maryhill fire tone) and there was nothing that even remotely sounded like an area-wide set of tones, either for an entire township, or the entire region. My guess is new equipment or something, but again, nothing heard supports that at this time.

Also, perhaps I missed it (I was off air for a decent portion of time), but I didn't hear the Ayr tones at any point. Did anyone else hear them?

69stiles

Lexxx is right on the mark. Dispatch can now tone out 2 or more stations at once instead of having to tone them out separately. It will make automatic aid agreements get dispatched more flawlessly.

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
I've heard the same thing, will have to wait and see once the system is implemented.

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.254 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Well we just had our first multi-station page for Wellesley and St.Clements. I had deciphered all the tones on Monday and all the test pages since then have come through fine. Funny thing is when this alarm was paged my system caught the Wellesley but not the St.Clements page. Two sets of tones were sent during the page and I am recording so I will review and report back with my findings.

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
As promised here are the updated tones which have also been added to the Wiki.

Breslau Fire 349.0 - 707.3
Baden Fire 368.5 - 600.9
New Dundee Fire 368.5 - 669.9
Maryhill Fire 349.0 - 569.1
Wellesley Fire 330.5 - 433.7
New Hamburg Fire 368.5 - 634.5
St.Jacobs Fire 349.0 - 483.5
Elmira Fire 349.0 - 539.0
Conestoga Fire 349.0 - 510.5
St.Clements Fire 330.5 - 410.8
Floradale Fire 349.0 - 457.9
Linwood Fire 330.5 - 389.0
Ayr Fire 1232 - 2807

Breslau Medical 707.3
Baden Medical 600.9
New Dundee Medical 669.9
Maryhill Medical 569.1
New Hamburg Medical 634.5
St.Jacobs Medical 483.5
Elmira Medical 539.0
Conestoga Medical 510.5
Floradale Medical 457.9
Wellesley Officer 433.7
St.Clements Officer 410.8
Linwood Officer 389.0

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I heard a Maryhill medical page and it sounds like they just went with Long Tone B for medicals.

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
So I don't see any multi-station tones on that list, just the normal ones. What is new that allows multi-station dispatching???

multi-station is now both stations tone sets back to back or stacked followed by the voice page.

MikeOxlong said:
I heard a Maryhill medical page and it sounds like they just went with Long Tone B for medicals.

Yup the B tone is now the 8 second long tone or Medical tone for all the departments except the three departments in Wellesley Township

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
No they use to page one department and then proceed with the voice message, page the next department and repeat the same voice message. Now they just tone all the departments at once and then go ahead with the voice message.

bwjmackie

No they use to page one department and then proceed with the voice message, page the next department and repeat the same voice message. Now they just tone all the departments at once and then go ahead with the voice message.
Again, there's not much new here... I've heard them do the above several times as well.

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.254 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

It sounds as if the multi-station tone out is pre-programmed now though as there is no delay between tone sets. I believe it was manual selection before.

Status
Not open for further replies.