Waterloo Regional P25 System

DataSquid

I'm seeing activity on TGIDs 3001, 3002, 3003 now on the new system. On the old system so far this morning all I've heard is HQ facilities maintenance.

bluwest

Premium Subscriber
It's official. They have moved over.

202009280458-698440-25550 a couple minutes into the recording dispatch says move over and pick up a new radio

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Is anyone monitoring the EDACS system? Is there any activity left on there? If not we can mark it as deprecated in the database.

I think this maybe leaves Chatham/Kent as the last surviving EDACS system in the area.

va3sbl

Is anyone monitoring the EDACS system? Is there any activity left on there? If not we can mark it as deprecated in the database.

I think this maybe leaves Chatham/Kent as the last surviving EDACS system in the area.

Transit and Municipal Services are still active on EDACS. I scan transit actively.

Wonder if these services will move to the P25 eventually too?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I don't recall if they were included or not. No doubt the EDACS system will be going away as they will want to reclaim the frequencies and get rid of the old hardware. The other services I would suspect would move over, but they may also be looking at other alternatives (DMR/NXDN etc).

va3sbl

Yep. It's time to upgrade if your still using a 15X

Anyone else been watching Kijiji/marketplace for a flood of cheap scanners from everyone who only used them for the police scanning?

I wouldn't mind a second one just for air band.. doesn't need to be anything fancy, but dirt cheap would be nice! I'd assume some folks are packing it in.

VA3ADP

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know which police talk groups are for which division? (South, Central, North, Rural) Etc? I guess there wasn't a whole lot of patching going on when WRPS switched?

DataSquid

The only patched talk groups I heard on the new system were some Police ones shared for Fire, I think. And they were in the clear. I haven't heard them since the Police cutover to the new system.