New Wayne County Fire Freq.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shad1one

New Freq For The Wayne County Fire Fighters With The Commissioners Purchasing MOTO Quantar Equipment Won't Be In Operation Till Sept '08
1ST CHANNEL 151.415 Pl 167.9
Also Putting In For 3 More Freq For Fire Ground + Command

captclint

Mentor
Nothing new here - license was granted on 12/14/2006 and already listed in the RR database here: http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=2304
The difference is, that it is listed as Police (not fire) Freq with unknown PL. It sounds like shad1one may have updated info. BTW, since it is not operational yet, probably the original entry into the DB should not have been made.

Last edited:

brey1234

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Shade:

Tnx for the info--please keep us updated with the new fireground freqs---Also some time ago Wayne County was licensed for 151.1075 Mhz, but I've never heard any actvity---Any idea what this will be used for and when?????
Also the new freq---is it a repeater or simplex?

Last edited:

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Late reply... Wayne county over some time frame (not sure of it) will be dumping lowband in favor of VHF-Hi. Departmetns have already been told to start to budget for VHF radios so that the departments will be prepared to swtich over when the time comes. Last I heard, there were two time frames...one that will going to take a year, and another that could be up to three years depending on equipment purchasing.

For the moment, I have given up on the Wayne County database, as people keep putting in inaccruate information. I am working on an "offical" use/listing, that hopefully won't be butchered.

At this time, I believe the plan is analog/narrowband/simplex. Wayne just doesn't have enough money to go for the nice simulcast system like what Pike has. However, they are also getting a new 911 building in Beach Lake, so who knows what may happen. Now instead of being flooded out, they will be hit by lightning and snow drifts :)

epdret

Low power so far. Seems to be simplex with the Dispatch side only heard at this time. Tones and dispatches directed to Hamlin Fire & Rescue.

PL 167.9 confirmed.

Last edited:

brey1234

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
update and question

I have the 151.415 also confirmed---but theres another issue:
155.6775 is also licensed to the same Call Sign listing the same multiple xmitter sites as 151.415. Anyone hearing anything on this or know what it will be used for?

captclint

Mentor
Following was announced 9/23 on Lackawanna County Emergency Services Forum
Wayne County
151.4150 167.9 PL Fire County 1 Dispatch
155.6775 167.9 PL Fire County 2 Dispatch
155.9175 CSQ Fireground 1
156.0375 CSQ Fireground 2
County 3 and Fire 3 to be announced soon. 154.3100 is being retired. Although not specifically mentioned, I believe 33.860 is being, or has been, retired also (Not true...PJH comments)

Last edited:

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Well, no.

33.86 is alive and well, and will be for another year or two.

When I last spoke to Wayne County's director, there was a 1-3 year change over to the new channels for the fire service, depending on the county getting the equipment (and fundage) and the fire departments purchasing equipment. The expected switchover is expected to be gradual, and there hasn't (since a month or two ago) been a definitive timeline established.

One of the major kick in the nuts is that the county missed the deadline for a decent sized grant.

When you have to spend about $400 per person per department on pagers, upgrading siren controller receivers (depending on make/model), truck radios (figure about $600-$1500 a radio), installation costs for such radio...and its gets to be expensive.

And, site equipment hasn't been factored in yet.

Last time I spoke with Marty, it wasn't clear if they would stay simplex, go repeater or simulcast.

154.31 is only used around the Lake Arial area IIRC. Everything else is 33.86.

At this time, EMS is staying right were they are as they switched off the other channel a year or two ago.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Well, that corner of the world kinda thing was what I was aiming for..

Status
Not open for further replies.