New wayside building in Argyle FL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Railham_CJ

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys I'm just trying to figure out what new building is this that has been recently installed in the last couple of months .
IMG_0012-1.jpg

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Typical shanty.

The telltale signs will be what gets installed outside of it.

Tmonty

I think since it's so close to the tracks that it is and scanner for railroad cars as they pass by.
They keep track of where cars are at on the RR.

wdx4cwc

I wouldn't think they would house a Trackside AEI reader in a building, especially that size. The reader's I have seen are rectangular, about 2 feet high by 1 wide, usually mounted on a short section of antenna tower.

Railham_CJ

Premium Subscriber
I may have to ride by there again to see if there is anything new added to it .

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
I wouldn't think they would house a Trackside AEI reader in a building, especially that size. The reader's I have seen are rectangular, about 2 feet high by 1 wide, usually mounted on a short section of antenna tower.

This is true of the antennas... think of AEI as being similar to toll passes with rfid technology. Same concepts, different applications.

I do not see any aei antennas, or any antennas for that matter. Alot of times the radio antennas on these shanties are NMO mounted right thru the roof... I don't see any here.

Given the lack of antennas, I am going to say that this would belong to other track circuitry.

I have many ideas, but without having knowledge of the area, I couldn't offer any more than a few wild guesses.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.