New Weather Channel: NETWORK WEATHER CHANNEL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
Weather Nation

I don't miss 'The Weather Change Channel' following the dispute with DirecTv. The reality shows were starting to get old and since NBC took over the Weather Channel it seemed to me every other report was about global warming. No great loss...

troshs

Honestly TWC isn't what it used to be. The reality shows are cool once in a while, as I love stories of tornados and severe storms...but now they've shows on about digging for gems and things...its become another discovery channel. It was good back when weather ran 24/7 and you could tune in anytime to watch your local on the 8s...now you have to wait till the dang show is over to get a full local. And even they kind of stink since they did that reformat of the GUI.

From my S4 to you via Tapatalk

NHdave

Premium Subscriber
Get Stephanie Abrams onboard and I'd never change the channel!

I agree TWC has been crap for a while, used to watch it all the time, never watch it now, looking forward to seeing what they do with this.

w2xq

Mentor
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; DROID BIONIC Build/9.8.2O-72_VZW-22) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

TWC is still running its anti-DirectTV campaign, still running silly reality shows. Never gives up...

Haley

Can't add anymore than has already been said. But, you guys are right on the money. TWC was good at one time, but hasn't been in years. I gave up on them when the "reality" shows started showing up. For years I have just used the NOAA/NWS website. There is so much information there , if a person really wants to dig. Mike

SCPD

QRT
The replacement network (WeatherNation) Directv is showing is not bad. They originate from here in a suburb of Minneapolis and actually do weather a concept that The Weather Channel can't seem to grasp. They don't have the fancy graphics and other technology TWC has but who cares, they cover the weather. Our local NBC affiliate runs it on a sub channel with the local radar, temps, watches/warnings and school closings. If I want to watch Highway to Hell or whatever it's called, then go to Spike or Trutv. They used to be a great channel when it came to weather, but I don't know what the hell is going on down there in Atlanta these days. Oh, let's name winter storms now too.

abbadabbado

WEATHERNATION

there web page says in about 2 or 3 weeks they will have a feature like local on the eights. i still get TWC an they are still are trying ti brain wash me with there political agenda but i get weathernation in hd thru roku good alternative

GKolo

When i turn on TWC its because i want to see weather ! Nothing but the weather, And i refuse to watch Stephanie Abrams.

Status
Not open for further replies.