New Whistler made Radio Shack Scanners !

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
So in other words

These are just re-branded/re-packaged 106/197's.

Did I read it wrong or was there a listing on the RS site of the actual new model Whistler radios a while back?

puzzleriddle

you will be paying $100 more I my self have The Pro197 & PSR500.. neither has had been in any repair shop yet & have had both since late 2008 for an aprox 8-9 year old technology. BUT you will get a brand new scanner with 1 year warranty and new parts , service & tech support & possible firmware & DSP upgrades. . where as there are no parts for the GRE/RS radios now.

Last edited:

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I would, if the price was the same, take any of the digital GRE radios over any of the Uniden radios. IMHO, the new Uniden scanners are basically a train wreck. So many features, so many crazy issues. Three people I know have bought BCD436HP's and all have sent them back for the usual reason involving loss of sensitivity and SD card issues. At least the GRE radios work as designed. No, they aren't perfect, they have the crappy volume pots, junk BNC connector, and I have broken at least one battery holder per year I've had my 106 just from swapping batteries out. The last Uniden I liked at all was the BCD396XT, but not enough to keep it too long.

Needless to say I have the bcd396xt and the 4/536's I don't have any problems with them. I had 396xt for about when it first came out and both x36s since March.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
I thought I saw that, thanks

The reason I wondered is I don't recall seeing them listed now.

I swore I saw the Whistler 1065/1095 advertised. Those are the new models correct?

mainetrunk

Wheres the great deal?

Sheeesh, I'm looking at MY 106, and that pic. I see ONLY button color differential. The --you might also want-- section shows ME a 1st.. The 106 more expensive than Unidens 996XT. I'll spend 6 bills on a PRO 106 right after I set up my own toll booth on route 95, by NYC, LOL. Actually, I bet that the NEW stuff about it is in the pre-programmed systems.Possibly updated re-bands from 2 years ago... State of Maine wont be there, we are still tinkerring.. Someones gotta pony up, and take a financial hit for the team

Status
Not open for further replies.