New whistler ws1065 scanning help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbucks63

Premium Subscriber
Hello! I am new to scanning! I just purchased a Whistler WS1065 I don’t have a computer at the moment so I tried to program it manually. I want to listen to fire departments in Rhode Island. I programmed frequencies in and selected p25 (RISCON) do I need a NAC code? Basically I pick up nothing from the scanner so clearly I did something wrong or maybe the wrong scanner? Thanks

SKaiserling

Are you getting a signal and its not decoding? It's a trunk system so you shouldn't need to program a NAC code, at least I never have but I've also never programmed a trunking system manually. Make sure you've programmed the frequencies correctly and set up the TGs you want to listen to.

Dbucks63

Premium Subscriber
Are you getting a signal and its not decoding? It's a trunk system so you shouldn't need to program a NAC code, at least I never have but I've also never programmed a trunking system manually. Make sure you've programmed the frequencies correctly and set up the TGs you want to listen to.
On my screen there are bars that come and go like a cell phone signal while I’m scanning but no noise and if I move the squelch knob I still here nothing. According to radio reference list of frequencies it says for example Newport fire uses RISCON communications and is project 25, which is why I selected p25 should I put it on a different setting?
thank you!

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If you need further help, see this article first....

then jump on over to our state by state forums and see if you can get some local help. Local folks are always a better bet since they're familiar with systems in your area. Be sure to say where you are (county and city will do fine) and what you are trying to hear.

Mike

TAbirdman

Whistler has step by step manual programming for conventional as well as trunked systems -

Dbucks63

Premium Subscriber
Good Morning I know it has been while since we spoke, I finally broke down and bought a windows computer to program my whistler 1065. I am still having problems programming it. I Have downloaded ARC500 and seem to have followed all the steps. I found Newport county and all the fire departments I want to listen to and imported them into a talk group. I then uploaded it to the scanner. But I still don't hear anything. I can pick up the weather so I know the scanner works but I don't know what I did wrong. I can use my phone with a scanner app to hear Newport fire but it will not pick up on the scanner. could it be an antenna issue or something. I live in tiverton and I cant even pick up tiverton fire.
Thanks

Here are some screen shots of what I am looking at to see if this can help some,

Status
Not open for further replies.