New Wiki Page - Unknown Spotsylvania County P25 Talkgroups

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
I have just started to observe and listen to some new talkgroups in the 7300/7400 series. They are being used by staff and teachers in Spotsylvania County schools. I am attempting to narrow down what school is using which talkgroup. Here is the link to the talkgroups that I have observed that are not in the database yet. I don't know if all schools will be switching from the current analog, DMR, or FRS radios that they are using or not.

Unknown Spotsy P25 talkgroups

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
I am not sure if there is an event today or not. I am catching TG5023. Unit id's appear to be assigned to the Sheriff's Office. All comms were in the clear. Radio traffic is consistent with traffic control.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
I am not sure if there is an event today or not. I am catching TG5023. Unit id's appear to be assigned to the Sheriff's Office. All comms were in the clear. Radio traffic is consistent with traffic control.
Actually there is some sort of bike race today. I am not sure of the location. I am also hearing the same traffic on the Louisa 1 talkgroup. This may be a patch.

Last edited:

fredva

Feed Provider
I've heard of bike races and possibly triathlon competitions happening around Lake Anna. That would explain Louisa's involvement.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
Talkgroup 6046 popped up today. I couldn't make out the traffic. Seems to fit somewhere in the fire/rescue numbering sceme

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
I was listening today to a school employee talking to the emergency communications center directly. I did not catch the talkgroup. I think the school employee activated the portable emergency button. There was a medical emergency at a school. Why not just call 911?

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
Actually there is some sort of bike race today. I am not sure of the location. I am also hearing the same traffic on the Louisa 1 talkgroup. This may be a patch.
So Louisa 1 is a patch talkgroup. I am not sure what the equivalent is on the Louisa system.

TJX400

So Louisa 1 is a patch talkgroup. I am not sure what the equivalent is on the Louisa system.
I believe Louisa's ECC has a tri-band control station that they set to the Louisa 1 talkgroup on Spotsy's system, and then patch into the appropriate channel on their own system. That's usually Motorola's solution to temporarily patching talkgroups from different systems together.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
It's sometimes is hard to follow. The other day during the reported drowning (Unfounded). I monitored Spotsylvania Sheriff on Louisa 1 and fire on PS interop 1. PS Interop1 was patched to Louisa spotsy 9. So I think fire was on one group and sheriff on another. Always defetes the definition of interoperability.