New Wiki Release - Sept 30th, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Folks,

I'm happy to report that we've released a new version of the RadioReference Wiki today. The release brings the following

1) A new default skin
2) Automatic single-sign on. If you are logged into the RadioReference site you will be automatically signed in to the wiki with no further login required
3) Latest version of MediaWiki software
4) Back end changes and updates allowed us to move the Wiki to our consolidated database and web cluster

Thanks,

Last edited:

EdAzalia

I'm not sure I like the way stuff is displayed now. I will have to figure out a way to reformat every thing I've done. :(

EdAzalia

Yes text size.
But my main problem is tables.
I have many issues of three columns of tables side by side that display like in the top of this image and I would prefer space between them like in the bottom of this image.
wikidisplay.jpg

ecps92

Noticed that when LOGGED in, the presentation is the old Style [Love it] vs the Not Logged in [U-G-L-Y] - but each to their own
OK - I rolled a few tweaks into some of the styling... made some of the heading font sizes just a hair smaller, and made the table fonts a hair larger.

EdAzalia

Well I found a work around to put space between two or more tables.
But a single table is s p r e a d out across the page - which is silly. I suppose this is aimed at cellphone viewers. :(

nd5y

Noticed that when LOGGED in, the presentation is the old Style [Love it] vs the Not Logged in [U-G-L-Y] - but each to their own
There are 3 or 4 different skins that make things look different. You must not be using the default skin for your profile.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Single sign on doesn't seem to be working on IE 11 (which is what my work laptop uses). Yeah, I know I should be using Edge, but I can't change this Mike

nd5y

More problems:
If you use <freqsubcat> to make a table from a db listing that has conventional DMR, the tone column is empty. It should have CC, SL, TG data.

When you choose different skins the tables change and sometimes the rows aren't aligned properly.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I've done basically zero work on any of the other skins, and therefore I wouldn't recommend you use them. I'll probably just remove them here soon because I'm not going to support a ton of different skins.

Could you give me an example link so I can fix the DMR conventional problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.