New Win500 Client for Android!

Status
Not open for further replies.

visegrip72

After much delays, and trying to get everything perfect, I decided it is good enough for now, and I can have a quick point release to tidy up stuff after. Really just one minor detail with switching away from the app and coming back. Many may not notice it, as I didn't catch it. Thanks to all the early adopters and those who let me know of any issues.

First off, special thanks to Don for everything with win500 and the support he gave. Thanks also to Barry for doing a bunch of testing for me. Helped out a bunch, found a few things.

If you'd like to download the app, and see more about it, go to

Win500 Android Client

I really hope everyone enjoys using the app as much as I do.

I plan to make a full nicer release post after I get this one thing hammered out.

visegrip72

I am going to add one to the site soon. The networking stuff may get a bit complicated for some.

(this is if you have wifi in your house, to get it working while in your house)

You have to have the windows win500 software working. Make sure the data cable and an audio patch cable are connected. Load the windows win500 software and configure it to talk with your scanner. You also have click "configuration" then "audio device" to make sure the server is set up properly.

You need to know your computer's local IP address (not the internet side ip). On newer machines, you can click start, type CMD in the search bar and hit enter. Type "ipconfig" and press enter. You may need to scroll up, but your ip is in there, write it down and close that window if you want.

Then go to the last tab, "Monitor/control" and hit start (leave everything else alone for now). You should see your scanner's display in the tab. If not, you didn't configure or hook up the scanner properly.

Now, to ensure everything is working on your pc, go to where you installed win500 and run the win500client. It is the windows remote client. If you did not change anything on the other side, you should be able to hit "start" and see the display. You also should hear the scanner. If you do not, something is not configured correctly and needs to be fixed. Make sure to hit stop on this client, but leave the server streaming.

Once you verified that win500 is set up right on your pc, Open up the app. First go to settings. Make sure the home address is checked. Edit the "home location". Put that ip address you found up above. Edit the "home location's port" it should be the same as the port number on the windows software. Hit back to exit the settings. Hit "Start Streaming". If everything up to here worked, you should now see and hear the scanner on your device.

You may need to disable firewalls or preferably add exceptions to the firewall to allow connection to win500. Connecting to your sever from the internet while away from home requires setting up port forwarding on your router. A bit more involved than a post here.

Hope this helps, I plan on copying it to the site soon.

visegrip72

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Gentlemen, a reminder to keep this thread on topic. Let's leave Uniden's follies in the Uniden forum.

XTS3000

If your interested in developing an iOS app, the iOS SDK software costs $5 or $6, but only allows you to "check it out" and doesn't allow for publishing the app. It a cheap way to test drive the software to see how easy it would be to port to iOS. If you decide to publish the app, you'd have to pay $95.00 usd.

So it's cool apple allows people to test and try the software before committing a hundred dollar bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.