New Winnebago County 800 Mhz. TRS TGIDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

towertech

A few TGIDS I have seen so far on the new 800 Mhz. simulcast P25 TRS. ID's are just a guess if followed by a question mark.

28 - Baycom / Motorola Techs
61501 - Winnebago Sheriff ?
61591 - XXX Security?
61601 - Red Fire
61602 - Red Fire TAC?
61681 - Neenah / Menasha Fire Main
61682 - Neenah / Menasha Fire TAC 1

Last edited:

Aux06

this also shows up on homepatrol web site howerever i downloaded them and i get nothing

Aux06

his also shows up on homepatrol web site however i downloaded them and i get nothing
Edit/Delete Message

towertech

Well Winnebago has started to make the cut-over to their new 800 Mhz. P25 system the other day.

Welcome to 'Simulcast Hell'.....(for me anyway). Your results will vary based on where you are.

Lots of signal strength where I am at, but only catching an occasional syllable here or there, due to the usual issues of out-of-phase sites on their Motorola LSM trunking not being correctly decoded with the currently available scanners. Uniden's firmware fix may help their brand of radios, but I have GRE only.

They may as well have gone full-time encryption. :(

Aux06

Winnebago

his also shows up on homepatrol web site however i downloaded them and i get nothing
Edit/Delete Message
Thank you, i live in range i should not have aproblem there, i'm just wondering if they went encrypted.

towertech

A few additional T/G's:

TG 61591 Oshkosh PD
TG 61521 Winnebago County Jail
TG 61505 Winnebago Sheriff 2 / Reserve

Aux06

do you know how to program this manually into the uniden home patrol scanner

towertech

As I stated in my previous posts, I have GRE only, no Uniden products.

The new TG's can be added manually if you have BuTel ARC PATROL or similar 3rd party programming software for the HP-1, but if you are using the Uniden HP Sentinel software, (I think) you will need to wait until the Home Patrol / RR database is updated, there is no way to easily enter TG's manually.

Someone more versed with the HP-1 please chime in here and correct me.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
As I stated in my previous posts, I have GRE only, no Uniden products.

The new TG's can be added manually if you have BuTel ARC PATROL or similar 3rd party programming software for the HP-1, but if you are using the Uniden HP Sentinel software, (I think) you will need to wait until the Home Patrol / RR database is updated, there is no way to easily enter TG's manually.

Someone more versed with the HP-1 please chime in here and correct me.
You can add new talkgroups, or set a set system to run in "ID Search" instead of "ID Scan" mode using the Sentinel software; ARC Patrol is not required. ID Search, which is similar to using a 'wildcard' on the GRE Object oriented scanners ( or "open" mode on the older GRE manufactured Radio Shack scanners) will catch any active talkgroup on the system that is not locked out. See this post for notes on how to set this in Sentinel (must be done on the system in a Favorites" list).

To add the system to a Favorites list in Sentinel (if it's not already in one), first click on US in the Database portion of the Sentinel window.
Then, go down to Wisconsin, and click on the "plus" sign to expand the list of counties.
Scroll down to your county of interest, in this case Winnebago.
Click on the '+" sign to expand the county, then do the same again for County Systems, to show a list of 'systems' for the county. This list includes trunked systems in the county, as well as conventional systems. In general, in Sentinel, the County 'named' system is the collection of cities and agencies, operating within that county.
<Right Click> on the system, in this case Winnebago County Public Safety, and select 'Append Favorites List' from the pop-up menu/ You can either add it to an existing list, or create a new one. (I created one named Test for this, as I'm not in your area.)
Now, Edit the Favorites list. Do that by clicking the icon of the star with a pencil in it, or select Edit Favorites List from the drop-down Edit menu.
Once you are in Edit mode, you can add the new talkgroups that are not showing in the database yet (hopefully, someone has submitted them, or soon will do so). You can also tweak the descriptions (text tags) if you like, and/or change the system to ID Search (as was noted above).

If you need to add a new 'Department' to the system (the departments are this user categories, usually cities or specific agencies), do that by clicking on the system name in the Edit screen, then hit the larger green plus symbol. That adds a new line, which you then name (looks like Oshkosh needs to be added, judging from the talkgroups posted).

Once you're done, save the list changes (save is under the file drop down).
To use the modified list, download it to the HP-1 & add it to your scan using the manage favorites lists menu.

Note that once the new talkgroups have been submitted to RadioReference, and the database updated, the HP-1 database will get the changes as well. The weekly Monday updates are based on information up to the previous Sunday (cutoff time varies somewhat, as data is pulled alphabetically). However, the database updates will not update a Favorites list. Those wuold need to be updated manually, or, when the master database 'catches up', discontinue use of the Favorites, & switch back to using the database,

Last edited:

ozzie

Premium Subscriber
Will there be any vhf analog paging for EMS or fire in the county?

Cellsite

Premium Subscriber
Hi Everyone,
I live in Neenah and loaded the new Winnebago Co. system into my Radio Shack Pro-96 from RadioReference. I've got about 6 talk groups and set for 9600 normal CC. All I get when on the control channel freq. is very faint digital sounds in the background noise and the channel won't squelch even with the squelch turned all the way up. No radio traffic.
I've been away from scanning the last year or two due to family issues, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong on the Pro-96 that I can't monitor this new system. Any ideas?

johncoleman

Hello,
Can i call you please as I have a friend real close to you and having trouble understanding what's going on there . I want to program a Radio shack pro 197 for him . I also have free calling . Please send an e mail with area code / number please

John Coleman

MarcusDude

Premium Subscriber
I'll be visitng family in the Fox Valley next week. Here is what I have. Can anyone fill in the blanks or tell me which of the VHF frequencies are still in use and which are not.

OLD NEW Agency
158.730 61501 WISO Dispatch
158.835 61505 WISO Reserve
155.190 61521 WISO Jail
155.610 ????? City of Menasha PD
155.610 ????? Town of Menasha PD
155.610 ????? Neenah PD
158.730 61501? Omro PD
154.800 61591 Oshkosh PD
158.730 61501? Winneconne PD
155.430 ----- UWO PD (probably not moving to new system)

158.775 61601 Winnebago County Fire Dispatch
154.445 61602 Winnebago County Fireground
158.775 61681 NMFR Dispatch
154.325 61682 NMFR Fireground
158.775 61601? Town of Menasha FD
154.190 ????? Oshkosh FD

MarcusDude

Premium Subscriber
I'm up in Appleton for Spring Break, I did some monitoring of the Winnebago County TRS today, here's what I found:

61501 WISO 1 Dispatch
61505 WISO Reserve (I havn't heard anything off here yet)
61521 WISO Jail
61551 NORTH END PDs (Neenah/City of Menasha/Town of Menasha PDs)
61591 OSPD (Oshkosh PD) Dispatch
61592 OSPD (Oshkosh PD) Tac 1 (Channel 11)
61601 WI FIRE (County Fire) Dispatch (I havn't heard anything off here yet)
61602 WI FIRE (County Fire) TAC (I havn't heard anything off here yet)
61681 NMFR (Neenah-Menasha Fire-Rescue) Dispatch (I havn't heard anything off here yet)
61682 NMFR (Neenah-Menasha Fire-Rescue) Tac (I havn't heard anything off here yet)
61751 unknown user

RADIO IDs
7100001 DISPATCH ON OSPD (TG 61591)
7100004 DISPATCH ON WISO 1 (TG 61501)
7100005 DISPATCH ON NORTH END (TG 61551)
7100007 DISPATCH ON OSPD TAC (TG 61592)
7101XXX WISO
7111XXX Town of Menasha PD
7151XXX Winneconne PD
7161XXX unknown user on TG 61751
7171XXX City of Menasha PD
7181XXX Neenah PD
7191XXX Oshkosh PD

New TG on WISCOM
61510 WISCAN (Winnebago County Scan)

MarcusDude,

The VHF Law Enforcement frequencies are not in use any more. The Fire Dept VHF is still working for now. The Fire Departments will be moving to the TRS one by one. UWO PD is on their VHF system. Don't think they are moving anywhere for now.

MarcusDude

Premium Subscriber
That seems to be correct. Fire is still on VHF, and all the VHF law enforcement channels are silent. However, today I found the Winnebago County Highway Department on TG 61701, I don't think we'll be seeing any other public works switching over any time soon however, since Neenah and Oshkosh just narrowbanded theirs and the City and Town of Menasha each got new MOTOTRBO systems. Not sure about Omro and Winneconne, although that might explain TG 61751.

MORE RADIO IDs:
71000004 WISO dispatch on Highway Dept channel (also on WISO 1)
7110XXX Winnebago County Highway Department
8120326 Wisconsin State Trooper #326 (on WISO 1)

tmak26

Premium Subscriber
Help with Scanner Selection

Help guys. . . with Winnebago transferring to a new frequency I am lost. What scanner do I need to monitor Winnebago county?

Status
Not open for further replies.