kd7kdc

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Where

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
The thing here is procomm and unitrunker report site info different, this being RR.com uses unitrunker site reporting layout. procomm reports higher numbers then unitrunker.

kd7kdc

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I think we have established that the WSP system is on RFSS 2 of the IWN system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scannerizer

Premium Subscriber
It's clearly a P25 Phase 2 network. From my apartment I can get a strong CC on 774.03125 and have even been able to get a band plan. No TGIDs detected yet.

mdpirello

the spokane area WSP is using a VHF P25 channel right now if they are going to switch it would be nice to see something. also the 700mhz could be for there in car computers

Pistolero63

I am new to scanning. I purchased a Uniden 125 and quickly learned I could not listen to both Tacoma and Seattle police and fire. I returned it and purchased a Uniden Home Patrol-1. I can now listen to everything I want to monitor to include WSP. Now that I read this I am concerned that the HP-1 may not be appropriate because it can not interpret APCO P25 phase 2. I still have time to return the HP-1. I actually like the color touch screen quite a bit but perhaps the new Uniden 436 would be a better choice for the I-5 corridor. Your experienced opinion is appreciated. Thank you.

SCPD

QRT
I am new to scanning. I purchased a Uniden 125 and quickly learned I could not listen to both Tacoma and Seattle police and fire. I returned it and purchased a Uniden Home Patrol-1. I can now listen to everything I want to monitor to include WSP. Now that I read this I am concerned that the HP-1 may not be appropriate because it can not interpret APCO P25 phase 2. I still have time to return the HP-1. I actually like the color touch screen quite a bit but perhaps the new Uniden 436 would be a better choice for the I-5 corridor. Your experienced opinion is appreciated. Thank you.

I would recommend the 536HP if you're looking for a mobile, Phase 2 P25 unit. That being said, I don't think you'll need the Phase 2 any time soon.

If you prefer the touchscreen interface then you'll need to stick with the HP-1.

Pistolero63

Thank you for the reply. I am an I-5 road warrior and would like to hear what the WSP is up too. I hope this new phase 2 systems is many years away.

scannerizer

Premium Subscriber

Seattle and Tacoma both have Motorola networks that you can find in the database. As for phase 2 you could with a GRE PSR 800, or Uniden BCD536HP. Your HomePatrol can't do Phase 2 unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.