New Xenforo RadioReference User Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
I think it should be noted to users that you should now be able to use an @ to mention a user in your post. Many people may not know this.

XenForo has pretty much tried to bring the traditional forum based platform into the word of social networking, which have sadly taken over the forum structure. I for one can't stand Reddit and it's layout, etc. Long live the traditional forum layout!

Along with the use of @ mentions come stupid trophies LOL and a like button.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
This new format sucketh on mobile. Its impossible to work it unless you have a cell phone as big as a laptop.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
This new format sucketh on mobile. Its impossible to work it unless you have a cell phone as big as a laptop.

Unless you're in something tiny like an old iPhone 5 or similar it seems fine. Go to landscape orientation to get a little more width. I happy to like the mobile version - no more need for Tapatalk for the RR forums now, IMHO.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
Does it sucketh in Tapatalk? I wouldn't imagine so since that's more for mobile usage. If you are indeed browsing the site via a browser, then it may in fact sucketh. Especially with tiny tap spots and what not. Many sites have an alternative mobile-friendly page upon detecting the mobile UA. My site is fairly mobile-friendly, but tap spots are small. I'm not deploing Tapatalk as that's a vector for hack crap. I simply won't allow it.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Does it sucketh in Tapatalk? I wouldn't imagine so since that's more for mobile usage. If you are indeed browsing the site via a browser, then it may in fact sucketh. Especially with tiny tap spots and what not. Many sites have an alternative mobile-friendly page upon detecting the mobile UA. My site is fairly mobile-friendly, but tap spots are small. I'm not deploing Tapatalk as that's a vector for hack crap. I simply won't allow it.

XF has a very mobile friendly version, yes. So the RR forums look great on a mobile device.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Indeed, viewing Xenforo on a small screen is exponentially better than vBulletin ever was, even with specific mobile styles in vB (which RR never had). I'm not quite sure what @milf is griping about. Tapatalk is always an option if the native Xenforo site/style is somehow undesirable.

One13Truck

Feed Provider
Try changing to the darker theme...

In the lower left corner is the "Style Chooser".

Try "Dark Theme". It's easier on the eyes...

I'm a night shifter at heart so as a general rule I always try to default things to night/dark mode whenever possible. I'm not a fan of it here and actually changed back to the default.

Dark theme here is more just a muddy muted gray with some blues mixed in. I want my dark mode full on blackout. If it looked like the bottom bar it would be much better. But just my 2 pennies. Otherwise I suppose I'll get used to it. Still hate losing all my followed topic daily emails though. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.