New Xenforo RadioReference User Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipfd320

Banned
Hey Dave i Just did a Title Only Search fcc Shutdown Checked the Box and Clicked on Search it took not more than 2 seconds on my laptop using chrome / win 7 vista

Thought id Let ya Know

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I just tried to do a search using both Chrome and Firefox browsers, and the Search box, and the Advanced Search page came up immediately. Even the results came up almost immediately. So, not sure where the problem would be. Just sharing so you know that it doesn't seem to be affecting everyone.

We are talking about the "Search forums" link towards the left side of the page, not the search tab on the far right of the top tool bar.

search.jpg

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I just tried to do a search using both Chrome and Firefox browsers, and the Search box, and the Advanced Search page came up immediately. Even the results came up almost immediately. So,

Hey Dave i Just did a Title Only Search fcc Shutdown Checked the Box and Clicked on Search it took not more than 2 seconds on my laptop using chrome / win 7 vista

Thought id Let ya Know
Same Here...on Chrome. Instantly comes up.

When I click the search on the top right of the page, that for me works instantly. When I click search forums, directly under the forums tab, that's what taking about 15 seconds.

https://forums.radioreference.com/search/
comes up instantly

https://forums.radioreference.com/search/?type=post
This is what's taking long

Hans13

I just checked the two links. There is no delay on the first one for me and there is a very long delay on the second one.

Hans13

What's the difference in the two?

It looks like the first one pulls up a simpler search page whereas the second one pulls up a search page with "prefixes" and forum names. Perhaps retrieving the prefixes and/or forums from the database is hanging it up? Just a guess...

dave3825

Premium Subscriber

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I noticed on the right where it shows users online, it show myself as being online. In Preferences - Privacy options - Show your online status, the box is unchecked. I also see the top left of my avatar being green, indicating online.

Is my online presence being displayed right now?

Thanks

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Judging by the SDS200 megathread, you should have looked into an add-on that prohibited posting in a thread until you have read all the posts within it.

One13Truck

Feed Provider
Hitting reply quotes the message just fine (example: this post). I have done it on Chrome and Firefox so it is possible it is an issue with your beta version of Firefox. If you hit 'reply' at the bottom right of a post, it quotes it and you can type below just like before, though, in my experience.

Interesting. Seems to be working now. But I'm on a new beta version of Firefox so maybe it was just that version not playing well. Previously hitting reply would just jump me down to a blank comment box without the quoting.

rbarker

Robert
Oh no what happened to the Forums? Well obviously a new format but very confusing. The first thing are the ads on this site. I'm getting stuff about the Trump Wall and dating Asian Women.. uh.. I don't mind scanner ads but not political and not about online dating. is that the target subscriber audience here? In the old format new stuff was at the top usually (because of a more recent date), and it was brighter more highlighted. In this new format I can't tell that anything is highlighted and I'm seeing posts at the top from like 2012 and before. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. OK I'll give it some time. I guess I have to. One thing I would like to see if that the subject of each topic be edited to be more descriptive of what that is about. something such as .. I need help or What is this talkgroup do not tell us where and what they are talking about. if a moderator could go in and give the subject a more accurate description so you don't have to click on it just to see what they are talking about.

Try changing to the darker theme...

In the lower left corner is the "Style Chooser".

Try "Dark Theme". It's easier on the eyes...

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
Was wondering when this site would get updated, and seen as how it used vbulletin, the conversion to XenForo was what I thought it would be.

Don't really care about the XenForo platform myself though. :lol: For one, notifications act like Facebook. I've seen that with other XenForo-based forums. Then you have trophies and likes and well, I'm 38 and don't need any of that rot.

I use the free phpBB platform myself, and with its wealth of free extensions and themes it can be made to do a lot. I'd never buy a forum platform software. But that's just me. :lol:

And it looks like my smiley code doesn't parse or that code does not exist. Long live the LOL emoticon! :ROFLMAO:

Might want to consider going reverse proxy like CloudFlare and changing the server IP. Shodan knows all...

Status
Not open for further replies.