New Yahoo Group for Incidents

Status
Not open for further replies.

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
Hi Guys,
Just wanted everyone to know, that in addition to the scanner feeds I have up, here on Radio Reference, I have started a group on Yahoo for incidents happening around Connecticut. This is not a for profit group and it it up to keep us all informed as to things going on around us. This is pretty much as a hobby and for fun. Everyone is invited to join and you can also post incidents that you hear and are confirmed. We can all watch the news and see stuff then, but this group is for stuff that hasnt hit the news yet, etc. I am aslking that anyone posting only post incidents that they hear themselves not 2nd or 3rd hand information. I am also asking that incidents be no later than 20 or 30 minutes old. Think of this site as a club, where we keep each other informed as to active incidents. Also, please use common sense and dont place Swat, or Narcotics or other sensitive information out there because it will not be forwarded to everyone until the incident is over. We are not putting public safety personnel at risk. The bords are moderated 24/7/365 so we do go over each call. Also please do not post info from other services such as 1RWN or BNN, etc on the site. You can sign up at the following location: policefireemsincidents : Police Fire and EMS Incidents
Please have fun aand Happy Scanning!!!

Joe

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Sounds the same as the CTNotification Yahoo group.

chris

Joe started this group to keep serious scanner listeners together and aprised of local incidents as they happen. No rebroadcasting of scanner audio or anything like that. Just keeping those in the group up to date and aware. So far, it has been great! No joking, no fooling around, just incidents as they happen. That is it. I highly recommend anyone who is serious about scanning in and around CT. to join. NO BS, just good ol fashion incident reporting.

Manny

Last edited:

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
it might be chris, I do stuff from all over CT unless it's a major out of state incident. It's just a way for a bunch of us to link together and give each other info as to things that are going on. I heard someone or actually a few people had twttier feeds up, but I've been on twitter like twice. once to set up my name and then again like a year later. who knows maybe I'll check them out.

CT22

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
There are some good twitter feeds, sites.. whatever you call them. Let me know if you want the names of the good ones that I occasionally look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.