new years eve feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

w2xq

Mentor
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; DROID BIONIC Build/9.8.2O-72_VZW-22) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Dunno abt NY but the fun has already begun around here. At 2:30 am this morning someone tried driving their car down the railroad tracks of the light rail and got stuck. Central was trying to call the rail dispatcher to stop trains; Conrail police took more than 30 min to respond. On one hand a stupid person endangered the local and rail police. On the other hand, it was funny. Local cops left when the railroad police showed up; they weren't amused.

w2xq

Mentor
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; DROID BIONIC Build/9.8.2O-72_VZW-22) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Dup

Last edited:

medic9351301

Banned
i guess the website is down was up this am around 4 am

guess i will not be listing tonight

w2xq

Mentor

A traceroute to w2lie.net fails here. It just hangs. You might try a traceroute later today. (And yes, I checked my own web site traceroute to make the app is working.) Sorry.

Last edited:

tbendick

Premium Subscriber
FDNY New Years Feeds:

FIRE DARS - FDNY Fire DARS
This will be the extra fire units in Times Square. Foot Teams and alarm Response Teams

FDNY EMS Citywide 2 - FDNY EMS Citywide 2
All EMS operations in Times Square - Ambulances and Gators

FDNY Manhattan Fire - FDNY Manhattan Fire Dispatch
All Fire rigs such as Engines / Trucks

Other ops will be on low power tac channels.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
My hosting had issues at their Data Center from 12:40pm to 4pm.

I do have the New Years Eve Feed running at W2LIE.net, as is tradition. For future reference, you can follow me on Facebook or Twitter should the website go out of service. I keep all my members up to date via Social Media. (FYI, Medic, your e-mail address came back false. I tried to reply to your earlier e-mail).

Here is my official announcement should my Hosting Company have another outage: http://www.w2lie.net/apps/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?12639

Continuing with a W2LIE.net tradition-
"Listen to the Ball Drop - From Behind the scenes" returns for another year, and will continue to do so each and every year!

Listen to ABC's Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve with Ryan Seacrest 2014 from the Director's Chair.

Since 2007, W2LIE.net has brought the action from Times Square to you via our live feeds.

True, you won't be hearing it "as it happens" due to streaming delays - but the sync should be close enough with Satellite delays for you to enjoy hearing the action while watching the live event! The feed will be live early 12/31/13, and run well past midnight.

In previous years there was plenty of action on the feed after the sun went down. Camera crews and the director were hunting for "filler shots" to record and use during the live broadcast of the night's events.

How You can listen to the feed:
As in previous years, the feed on my "/special" stream.
From your computer: goto my Feed page at http://www.w2lie.net/apps/feeds/feeds.phphttp://www.w2lie.net/apps/feeds/feeds.php
From ProScan: server=remote.w2lie.net port=5004
From your mobile device: download Scanner Radio Deluxe (apple) or Scanner Radio (android)

73 and Happy New Years
Phil - w2lie

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
I cannot believe nobody has a feed going on NYPD Citywide channels that is where the Times Square Op is on.

There was a discussion a while back about NYPD citywide feeds during the whole Occupy Wall Street incident. Since then RR/Broadcastify doesn't allow anyone to feed NYPD citywide channels

Status
Not open for further replies.