New York City Fire Department

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogerveb

When New York City Fire Department feed is coming back? Is there an equivalent alternative feed somewhere?

gralston73

Premium Subscriber
The live feeds here at RadioReference.com are hosted by volunteers who are willing to share their feeds with the rest of us. RadioReference has no control over when the feeds go offline, which can happen for any number of reasons. Please be patient...

hvscan

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I will have the Manhattan feed fixed next week. Queens will be back up tomorrow morning. Bronx is on-line.

Last edited:

N2SCV

Premium Subscriber
Been listening to radios for over 40 years but really getting back into it now and have a question: What's with the open carriers on the FD frequencies? Dispatcher will finish talking but carrier is still open, no background noise. I think Frank R. answered this a long time ago but I'm having a senior moment, ktnxbye.

FrankRaffa

I did. Suffice to say that the Motorola Centracom Elite console leave much to be desired.

FrankRaffa

Since we work in a super secret location (that's well known) and the equipment is top secret (but available in the open market) and cameras aren't allowed (unless they're hanging from the ceiling), no I can't show you ours. However, Cape Cod isn't so anal and you can see theirs here:

00_BSO%20Screen%20Cty.jpg

It should be noted that the TX icons (shown in the middle of the rectangle) are only a few pixels larger than the standard Windows mouse cursor in our display. It appears to be a little larger here.

The old units (That NYPD still uses and refuses to change) are the best:
console.jpg

12dbsinad

Ahhh yesss.... The good old Centracom II consoles. Back when consoles where robust pieces of equipment and if the center took a close lightning hit it was the only thing still operational when the smoke cleared. Miss those days!

FrankRaffa

The 2 buttons above the mixer are "Base" and "Comp". "Base" switches transmitters, A (green LED) or B (red LED.) "Comp" switches comparators, A or B.

Alarmguy

Former Alarm Guy, turned Radio guy
Premium Subscriber
Yes, comparators are a part of the voting system. CentraCom II's are slowly disappearing. Our local dispatch just went to Zetron's 2 years ago in place of CentraCom II consoles. I kinda miss hearing the old alternating Moto alert tone after the tones went out. Now we sound like every other town on our tone out channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.